Chapter 48

AsalamuAlaikum everyone! I just wanted to let you all know that I've gotten all of your messages and posts wishing me a speedy recovery and InshaAllah I will answer them all soon. I have a lot to catch up on :) Barak Allahu Feekum for your kindness and for praying for me, and may Allah swt reward all of you, and make you amongst those that he is pleased with. <3 Stay awesome!

Kalthoum sat in front of her computer, staring uneasily at the newest headlines Trash Talk had written about Hana. This one was going on to say how Hana had never liked Houssam until he was unavailable and then she decided to go after him.

Kalthoum had never expected things to get so out of hand. She had only approached the tabloid because she had been so hurt and angry, and she wanted to get back at Houssam for leaving her. She never saw it coming that they would write such horrid things! The 'quote' from her wasn't even true. All she had said was that Houssam had left her for someone else. She hadn't even mentioned Hana, but they had put two and two together after the whole accident Hana had been in.

Speaking of the accident, Kalthoum hadn't even checked on her yet. Her pride wouldn't let her, even though she did still honestly care about Hana. The girl had been her best friend since they were little! Who knew that they would break apart because of a guy!

You know it's not because of Houssam.

It was because of Kalthoum and her jealousy. She had been jealous of Hana and Houssam's friendship, she had been jealous of how Houssam's eyes lit up when he talked about her, and how much time they spent together, even though technically it was because of Kareem they were around each other so much.

As another email popped up in her inbox, she winced slightly to see it was from her 'correspondent' at TrashTalk.

Hello K.

I was wondering, when you were with Houssam Shaykh, did he mention anything about his contract renewal with the Lakers? I would really appreciate it if you could let me know!

By the way your check for your last 'tip' is in the mail. Four hundred dollars as promised.

Thanks

-Missy Pike

Editor in Chief

Trash Talk

She shifted uncomfortably in her chair, deeply regretting getting involved in the first place. Sure she had made eight hundred dollars, but at what price? She totally ruined the reputations of two innocent people, two innocent Muslims. Did that make her money Haram?!

"Kalthoum?"

She hurriedly minimized her email as her brother came into the room, and he raised an eyebrow suspiciously.

"Hey Ahmad."

"What are you doing?"

"Um,' she glanced over to make sure that the email was really gone from her screen, before looking back at him, "nothing just some things. What's up?"

"Laila and I are going out for dinner tonight, do you want to come?"

"Um, no thanks."

He sat down on the edge of her bed.

"Why not?"

She shrugged.

"I just don't feel like it. Thanks though."

"Alright. Fine." He rubbed a hand over his neck. "Have you talked to Hana lately?"

Kalthoum froze.