Splash

You wake up early in the morning to the car stopping in the woods. Getting out with a pounding head Klaus walks up to you and hands you a water bottle and a few aspirins. "Take these you'll feel better. You might be a wolf but you drank enough for a vampire to get a hangover." He said barely holding his laugh. You take them gratefully and ignoring his laugh. "I barely remember last night." You complain after gulping down the water and medicine. "Well that's what happens when you drink the whole bar." Klaus says finally releasing his laugh. You playfully shove his shoulder with yours. "Are you two just going to flirt or should I grab all the stuff to keep Y/N away from us tonight?" Stefan says with no emotion. You blush walking up to grab your water/wolfsbane combination, as well as some chains and a steel muzzle.

You guys have been walking for hours at this point your feet are starting to kill you and it's hard to breath. "You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?" Klaus teases Stefan who has been carrying Ray since he took his body out of the trunk. "I'm fine." Stefan responds despondently. "You sure about that? You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit-down..." Klaus trails off in a small smile. "I could." You say quietly but you get ignored. "You know, I get that we're, uh...we're stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great." Stefan snaps lightly in an obvious bad mood.

"So much brooding. Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend." Klaus is obviously trying to get a reaction out of Stefan. "Maybe it's 'cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer." Stefan may as well have rolled his eyes the attitude was coming off him in waves. Shockingly Klaus wasn't upset but you quickly figured out why. "Thanks to our pal Ray, we found ourselves a pack. There." Pointing at a campsite full of people setting things up. Werewolves.

Everyone stops and looks at all three of you- well four if you include Ray who Stefan just walked up and dropped to the ground. "Ray! Oh, my God. What's going on? Who are you?" A woman says running up to Ray on the ground. Klaus walks up next to Stefan. "The important question is who am I. Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus." He says like he's not about to ruin their lives. "You're the hybrid." The woman says slowly walking backwards. Oh great something to boost his ego. You start walking off a little bit to set up a secured area for yourself to change. As you walked away you could hear Klaus. "You've hear of me. Fantastic!"

As you get your chains secured into a few trees you leave the muzzle and water/wolfsbane mix near by and walk back. As you get closer you can hear Klaus "It's fascinating actually." He sounds like he's trying to convince them and not force them. As you round a tree into the opening you can see him and Stefan sitting and all the wolves standing and listening but not moving. "A werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid." At the end of his words Ray gasps awake. "Excellent timing, Ray. Very dramatic." Klaus taunts. Meanwhile Ray is ignoring him, "What's happening to me?"

"Stefan?" Klaus indicates it's Stefan's turn to talk. Stefan stands, "Are any of you human? Your friend here needs human blood to complete his transition to vampire. If he doesn't get it, he will die." Oh yeah that will convince them Stef, they're werewolves, they hate vampires no matter. "Doesn't take much, just a sip. Anyone? A boyfriend, a girlfriend, along for the ride?" Klaus looks around and you know he's listening for a different heart beat and scent. "You!" He says after he's spotted someone and rushes over and bites his forearm. He gets forced to the ground in front of Ray. The woman from earlier runs forward to stop this but Klaus puts her in a head lock. If you don't drink it, Ray, I will. Problem is I don't know how to stop." Stefan says holding the human man down. "It's the new order, sweetheart. You join us, or you die." Klaus says into the woman's ear. "I'd rather die than be a vampire." She says stubbornly, you know where this is going. "Wrong choice." Klaus snaps before hitting his wrist and forcing it into her mouth. Meanwhile you look over and Ray drinks the blood from the man. Not wanting to watch more you decide to start searching the area near by.

As you're walking you hear a splash down lower on the mountain from the river flowing down. "Damon! How are you even here?" You could hear, as you look closer you see Elena, Alaric, and Damon. For a moment you get excited to see your oldest brother and then you remember, Klaus. If Klaus sees him he'll kill him. You blood runs cold at the thought. You hear them arguing and then finally Elena got out of the water you tried to keep an eye on them and come up with a plan to stop them. Stefan suddenly runs a few feet past you and you know he hears them too. Giving you a small look of panic he turns and stops Klaus who was walking over. "Where did he go?" Klaus asked. "He, uh...he got away. Forget him. Let's go." Stefan says trying to walk back to camp but Klaus stopped and grabbed his arm revealing a werewolf bite. "A fatal werewolf bite. Ouch." Klaus says and you already knew where this was going, Stefan obviously didn't. "Yeah. I'm gonna need your blood to heal me." Oh Stefan you should know better you thought. "Well, I tell you what. You find Ray, and then I'll heal you." Klaus says smiling but you knew he was anything but happy. "Can't be serious." Stefan said in disbelief. "You better hurry, 'cause that bite looks nasty."

Klaus turns to you, "And you little Salvatore should come with me so we're ready for the full moon." You nodded and looked meaningfully at Stefan, "Good luck." He nodded understanding you meant with the golden trio looking for him. Klaus and you walk back to the came and the other wolves are up walking around. They are all bleeding from their eyes, you gasp. "It's ok love." Klaus says looking at you. "Why does she get away from this?" The woman from earlier asks glaring at you. Klaus doesn't answer instead he tries to almost reason with her. "Calm down, now." Just as the words leave his mouth she launches herself at you, you reach your hands out to push her away and she slams back into a tree. "See I told you to calm down, she's stronger than she looks." Klaus says sounding proud. Klaus grabs your hand and walks you back to the spot you picked earlier. Then sun is starting to set so you know you should get ready. "I'll be ok Klaus. Thanks. I'll get ready and chained down." You say a bit sadly. You've never had to chain yourself before and you kind of didn't want to. However knowing Damon was near by you couldn't take a chance. If Damon was found so would Elena who Klaus believes is dead, which is for the best. "Just this time, love. Next time you can be free again." Klaus says understanding, staying quiet you hear him walk away.

You strip and choke down the herb filled water and then chain and muzzle yourself up. Moments later you scream as your bones break. You remember nothing from this night.

~~~~~1329 words~~~~~
I am also working on the next chapter which will be longer and better.