To Be With Elena

"Let's go then Y/N." Damon says, you look at him sadly and shake your head no. "Day, I would love more than anything to go with you. However; I gave my word I would go with Klaus on this trip to save you. If I back out now he could back out on his word. Not to mention Stefan, I won't leave him alone. I can't right now Day." You stop yourself as you can feel the tears well up in your eyes. "Please just go home Damon. I will be back as soon as I can. Please just take care of yourself, I can take care of me and Stef and I will bring him home with me if I have to chain him up myself." You see the disbelief on your eldest brother's face and feel the tears roll down your cheeks. You turn around to collect yourself. Moments later you feel Klaus' hand on your back and you realize Damon must have turned and left.

"Love, if it hurts you this much just go. I won't back out on my end." Klaus says softly. Why is he only ever this kind when it's just the two of you? That's an answer you many never have. "No, I won't leave Stefan. Plus Rebekah will need someone here to keep you two from going at each other too much." You try to laugh but it dies in your throat before it can leave your body. You pull yourself together when Stefan walks in. "Are you going to bring me Rebekah or will I die of old age finally before I see her?" Gloria says obviously ready to get Klaus, who just broke one of her tables and chairs, out of her bar for now. "Yes, it does seem to be taking a while. We better go check on her and maybe I'll bring Stefan as a peace offering." Klaus says before walking out of the bar, you and Stefan follow right behind him. In what felt like just a few minutes you were back at the warehouse.

Whether the passage of time was real or if you were just so numb, from throwing away what could've been your freedom for however long this would continue, you couldn't tell. "Both of you stay here until I say to come out." Klaus says moving forward and not looking back. Where the two of you stand you can just see him, he looks down at the guard's dead body. "Rebekah...It's your big brother. Come out, come out, wherever you are." Klaus calls out and just then Rebekah vamp runs to Klaus and you see her stab him with the dagger. You can hear Klaus gasp as the same time you did. You aren't sure what you expected her to do but it wasn't that. "Go to hell, Nik!" Rebekah is all but growling in an English accent as well. Klaus must have expected this as he takes the dagger out of his chest and drops it. "Don't pout. You knew it wouldn't kill me." Klaus says slightly upset but not as much as you would've thought. "Yeah, but I was hoping it would hurt more." She responded bottom lip still pouting. "I understand that you're upset with me, Rebekah...So I'm going to let that go. Just this once. Brought you a little peace offering. You can come in." Once Klaus tells you and Stefan to walk in you let Stefan go first but you know you won't mean anything to her. Not like Stefan does with the way Klaus talks about her feelings for him from the twenty's. "Stefan..." Rebekah all but whispers as he comes around the corner. Klaus walks up to Stefan and looks him in the eyes as he compels him. "Now you remember." Once Klaus does this Stefan's eyes close as he gains his memories back. "Rebekah." Stefan starts to walk to her with compassion in his eyes. It's not necessarily love but an understanding that he did once love her. "Stefan." Klaus calls out obviously for Stefan to turn around and remember him, which is what happens. "I remember you. We were friends." Stefan says almost shocked. "We are friends." Klaus reminds him before turning to look at Rebekah. "And now the reason you're here. Gloria tells me you know how to contact the original witch." Klaus waits for Rebekah to hand over whatever this item is. "The original witch?" Rebekah is trying to get answers but she gets a question in return. "What do you have that Gloria needs?"

Rebekah rolls her eyes and touches her neck but realizes what she was looking for, you assume a necklace, isn't there just her pearls. "Where's my necklace? What did you do with it? I never take it off!" Rebekah is panicked, not only for upsetting Klaus but you can tell the necklace was important to her. "I don't know. I didn't touch it." Klaus says like a child who has been accused of stealing and to be fair he's no child but he is being accused of taking it. "We need to find it, Nik. Now, I want it back!" You can hear how panicked she is and you walk over to search for it. "Tell me that's not what she needs, Rebekah!" Klaus is shouting but Rebekah comes next to you to look. "Sorry, what does this necklace look like?" You ask to be more helpful. "It's silver with with one red ruby in it. It's got some other detailing and it's a locket as well." She blurts out fast but you understand as you begin to search the rest of the room she searches the coffin but doesn't find it so she throws it on the ground.