Chapter I.

(Author's note) Hey guys! Before you start reading, I don't believe there should be any trigger warnings for this episode. There are some slight spoilers but I'm not sure if you would consider them spoilers, it's just based on a part in season 5. No deaths or any plot reveals either. Please don't steal my work  :) ENJOY! *:・゚✧*:・゚

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life on the Arc is boring. And pointless. But nevertheless, you still somewhat enjoy it. The Earth is a ball of radioactive nuclear gas, and in an attempt to save the human race, you, Bellamy, Raven, Emori, Murphy, Monty, Echo, and Harper escaped in a spaceship just in time. Praimfaya destroyed all that was left of the earth, and for all you know, the eight of you could be the last humans alive. In practical terms, there isn't much to do up here on this deserted ring. You tend to work with Bellamy, Raven, and Emori to try and help find any information about Earth's survivability. At this point, there hasn't been much of a change, but then again it's supposed to take 5 years and it has only been a little over 2. In your free time, you enjoy talking to Raven, reading the few books that you have, and practicing hand-to-hand combat, although Echo and Bellamy like to spend a lot of their time using the mat. One time, you thought you heard them getting it on in the combat room. You tried to quickly erase that from your mind. 

You and Raven get along quite well. She is very determined and strong-willed, while your easygoing and sarcastic attitude compliments hers very nicely. You like to talk to her about the very limited drama on the arc. There are only so many people to have drama with, anyways. You've had a serious crush on Murphy since the first year you lived up here. He was in a relationship with Emori at the time though, so there was not much you could do about it. They eventually started to fall apart and broke up about eight months ago.  Everybody saw it coming; they weren't exactly quiet when they argued. 

After the breakup, Murphy sort of started to go slightly insane. You used to think he was having a rough time with the breakup, while the others seem to think he just has no regard for self-respect or just respect in general, in any form. But you know better than that, you can tell he's moved on now, he just doesn't have a good reason to be sane. You've been stuck in an old ring with the same 7 people for almost 3 years, after all. 

Today, you have a free day from your usual routine. You decide that you want to rest a little, but you are craving the feeling that looking out at space gives you. You have always loved looking at the stars, and the planets, and even the vast emptiness where the unknown lies. Even having grown up in space your whole life, you are still intrigued and comforted by it. Space is the one place where you feel the most safe and calm, and the stillness yet motion of it all makes you feel like nothing else. 

With all of this in mind, you make your way to the big window that is so magnificent yet nobody seems to take advantage of. You sit down with your back against one of the metal support beams and stretch out your legs in front of you. You pull out the music player that you just recently found out of your pocket and plug in the headphones that came with it. Since you're not all too familiar with the music on the device, you shuffle the whole library as you put the earbuds in your ears. The song Angel by FINNEAS starts to play and you think to yourself, 𝘸𝘰𝘸, 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘰 𝘰𝘭𝘥. You are surprised that you actually know some of the songs on the device. This song immediately reminds you of Murphy. You're not sure why, but nevertheless it is kind of comforting. 

As all of this is running through your mind, you hear someone come around the corner. You turn your head to see who it is, and to your surprise, you see Murphy himself, looking equally as surprised to see you sitting there. 

"Didn't expect to see you here," says Murphy after a moment of silence. 

"Yeah... me either," you respond, "What are you doing here?"