The New Substitutes (Part Two)

"For our first class together, I'll be getting you all to write a paragraph or two about yourself. Once you've finished your mini assignment, you may talk amongst yourselves until class ends. Any questions?", Mr Torrance explained to the class, glancing every so often at me. After waiting for any further questions, he headed to the desk and began reading over some papers.

I spent the next hour writing the many aspects of myself that I thought were interesting enough for anyone to read. I mentioned things like my favourite colour, the kind of music I enjoy listening to, my goals in life, and what I was thinking about doing after high school. Every so often I would take a minute from writing and look out the window. I loved looking out the window and watching the tree's leaves blow peacefully in the wind. I couldn't wait to go out into the woods later after school and hike up to my favourite spot. It was about a 25-minute walk from where the main entrance of the woods began, but about halfway along the trail, I would diverge off the path into a secret wall of brush. The other side of the brush led to a beautiful tiny clearing at the top of a cliffside, where you could look down and see the beautiful blue lake from below and a sea of green trees stretching for miles. It's my favourite place in the entire world. Sometimes I would sit there till I could just barely see the sun behind the tree horizon, and walk back home under a sky of stars. 

I added the finishing touches to my paper and then walked up to Mr Torrance's desk to hand him it. 

"Ah miss L/n, thank you very much. You may do whatever you like till the end of class!" he smiled, looking up from his reading. I smiled back and headed back to my desk to continue my sketches from before. Once I got back to my desk, I caught Mr Torrance staring at me with a smirk before continuing to read what looked like my paper. My face burned up with embarrassment and I quickly started sketching again.

The school bell went off, dismissing us to lunch. I packed up my binders and stuff to leave, but before I could leave Mr Torrance called to me.

"Miss L/n, can you please stay for a moment?" he called from his desk.

"Oh yeah of course!" I responded, nervously walking back to my seat. I couldn't help but think I had totally failed my paper; even though it wasn't really a big deal I hated messing up. I sat patiently until everyone left, leaving me and Mr. Torrance alone. Which to be honest wasn't such a bad thing, I felt he was a decently safe man to be around. Once we were all alone, he motioned me to come to his desk with his fingers. I did as I was told and headed to his desk, my heart was flipping out the whole way there. 

"Miss L/n, I hope I didn't scare you when I asked you to meet me after class. I want to assure you that you aren't in any kind of trouble.", he assured me, locking eyes with mine. I felt so encapsulated by his eyes, so soothing. 

"Oh thank goodness, I was kind of freaking out for a moment", I chuckled; he chuckled as well.

"I merely wanted to say I really enjoyed your paper. You seem to be a very lovely young lady and I'm looking forward to getting to know you more over the next couple of days", he said before getting up to shake my hand. Kind of strange but I'm not complaining. 

"Thank you very much, sir! I really do appreciate it

"Thank you very much, sir! I really do appreciate it. ", I thanked him while shaking his hand. His hand was much larger than mine, and he had a firm grasp as well.

"~Well that's all for today, I wish you an excellent lunch Darling~" he winked at me before backing up his things. 

"Thank you, Sir, you too! See you Monday!" I waved goodbye, heading to my locker before I went to lunch. 

Opening my locker, I placed all my books down and grabbed lunch. Before I closed my locker, I felt a pair of hands cover my eyes. I jumped a little but then giggled knowing whose hands they were.

"~Guess who?!~", a male voice teased. 

"Hmmm is it Gerard Way? If not leave me alone!" I laughed, turning around to see my friend Stu Macher standing right behind me. Next to him was another one of my friends, Billy Loomis. They moved here a couple of weeks ago, and I became close with them after they saved me from being locked in the Janitor's room about three weeks back. A couple of guys shoved me in there after I told them to leave a girl they were harassing alone. 

"Hey, we can be just as cool ya know

"Hey, we can be just as cool ya know. Besides, I was going to give you a piggyback ride, but I guess not anymore!", Stu dramatically remarked, turning his back sassily. Billy chuckled, shoving him a little at his non-sense. I laughed, closing my locker.

"You ready to head to the cafeteria?", Billy asked, ruffing up my hair a little. I laughed again. These guys were properly the first friends I've had in a while, not including Nova; our relationship is complicated. 

"Yeah let's go! And uh Stu....can I still get that piggyback? I asked, giving him the puppy-dog eyes. He looked at me for a moment before sighing sarcastically. I giggled and jumped onto his back. He laughed and we all made our way to the cafeteria. 

"Hey y/n, I like your overalls by the way. Very spooky." Billy approved. Stu agreed as well, nodding his head as he carried me down the hall. Once we got to the cafeteria, Stu let me down and we entered the cafe.