Party City Lies Wherever You Are

Tigger Warning: There is sexual harassment/assault and violence so be warned!!

Little Note: If you have Spotify or youtube, there are suggested song cues to play while you're reading!! Happy reading >:)

The sun was just over the horizon of the tree line that surrounded the dirt road leading up to Chance's house. Us living in a smallish town meant that some of the students that attended my school lived in the more "Rural" parts of town; however, it all felt the same anywhere you went. Our town was similar to our neighboring town Derry, except we were just a little more modernized than them. From the main road, Chance's house diverged off to the left and was about a five minutes walk upwards at a slow steady incline. As I made my way up, a couple of cars passed me, filled with already half-drunk teenagers ready to party as if their lives counted on it. I rolled my eyes in amusement and could finally see the glowing lights of a lively party. I took my earbuds out and I started to recognize the sound of laughing people and blasting music. For a faint second, I felt a familiar safe feeling; however, coming up to the front lawn of the house quickly changed that feeling into anxiety. I slowed my pace and started to look around for the entrance to the party, which I quickly found buried deep behind a crowd of excited party-goers. I grabbed $3.50 in change from my bag and stood in line. (Play: Need to Know by Doja Cat) Guys were wearing muscle shirts or T-shirts that had stupid messages on them, while many of the girls wore stunning short dresses or crop tops. I started to feel a little overwhelmed by the number of people and the loud music when I suddenly felt a small tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see Nova. She was wearing her black wavy hair down and a gorgeous velvet-red black lace dress. She was wearing lace gloves, with her nails painted black, and black lace-trimmed combat boots. She looked absolutely heart-piercing gorgeous.