Chapter 6

I stomped back towards my room, literally sobbing. I muffled back my sobs and ran as fast as I could towards my room. That jerk, the kiss probably didn't mean anything to him but it meant the world to me. He was just doing that to tease me, for fun. I cried harder just at the thought and buried my face into the pillow.

I really missed my dad. Why was it from all friends my dad had, it was supposed to be Ryan?! I sobbed harder into the pillow and slowly my eyes fluttred close and I drifted off to a peaceful sleep.

The next day I woke up, battling with myself whether I should get my lazy ass up and get some breakfast or I should just lay down here. Well, the laziness always wins so I sagged back into the king sized bed. I lazily reached out for my phone.

There were two miscalls from my bestfriends, and a text message. I moved my fingers along the screen to open the mailbox. It was a text from Bess, asking where I was.

Bess: Hazel! Where r u?

Me: Y? Anything's up?

Bess: Oh, finally you replied. I thought you're dead..

Me: Ha-ha. Very funny.

Bess: Alright, back to the point. Do you want to go to the mall and hang out with us?

Well, I was about to reject her beacuse 1) I didn't feel like talking to anyone that day, 2) I didn't have much money with me, 3) I was scared that I would bump to Austin on the way out, and 4) I won't have the energy to walk. But the other part of me was saying that I needed to chill out and had some fun.

Bess: Hello? R u alive?

Me: No, I'm dead. And unlucky you, this dead girl will be joining you to hangout.

Bess: Oh, great. *Input maximum level of sarcasm*. See you at 2!

Me: Two hours, right?

Bess: Of course, you lazybutt! I'll text Elle. Ciao~

I ripped my duvet off as I placed my phone on my bedside table. I grabbed my plain red t-shirt with a long pair of jeans. I showered and hastily ran down towards the kitchen.

"Morning, sweetheart." Denna offered me a smile as she gestured me to sit. I smiled back at her before glanicng around the room. Lucky, there was no one there in the kitchen except me and Denna. I let out a relieved sigh as I sat in front of the dining table. In front of me someone which I assumed was Denna, prepared some breads and jam.

"Did you sleep late yesterday, Hazel? You're pale and there are bags under your eyes." Denna pointed out, who was surprisingly sitting in front of me.

I smiled sheepishly at her before stating, "Yeah, I got tons of homeworks."

She nodded. "Are you going somewhere? You look nice.." She smiled, looking at me up and down.

"Yeah, I'm hanging out with my friends. Is that okay?"

"Of course it's fine, honey!" She waved her hands, "So, how's it going with Austin?"

I flinched instantly and my eyes widen. Did she knew that he was kissing me?! I cleared my throat and acted as calm as I could. "I'm sorry, what?"

She chuckled, "Your studies. He's tutoring you, right?"

"Oh, yeah! Yes, he does." I mentally slapped myself for thinking that she was about to ask me about our relationship. "We're doing great." I gave her a sincere smile.

"That's great to hear. I'll go upstairs for a second if you don't mind?"

"Oh, not at all!" I looked up at her. She gave me a smile before walking upstairs. Denna was really kind to me, she was like the mother I've ever wanted. Well, I guess I was pretty lucky to be staying in Ryan's house. They were really kind to me, except Austin.