Chapter 2

"Oh My God!" I covered my mouth as soon as I entered my room. It was fully furnished, with expensive interiors. A colorful patterned carpet was placed under my shiny pearl white framed bed. I walked towards cushioned the windowsill, with a few small pillows on it. As I was just about to sit, someone knocked on the door.

"Come in!" I permitted whoever was knocking.

A head popped in and soon my eyes widen. I moved closer towards the door so I would not be mistaken. No, I was right.

It was Austin.

"Umm, can I come in?" He asked, looking completely uninterested. I nodded and opened the door wider for him to come in. I took a step backward as he entered the room.

"Hey, I know you. You're.. Haley? Harry? Hammy?" He frowned at me, trying to remember my name.

"It's Hazel." I gritted through my teeth.

"Oh, okay," he laughed. I involuntarily checked his body, glancing up and down. I had a crush on him because one, he was smart. Two, he was handsome. And three, he had a nice body.

"If you have finished checking me out, my mom asked me to help you." He informed me, which shot me back to reality. I flushed and turn away as quickly as I could.

"Yeah, your mom is so nice." I told him.

He crossed his arms, glanced around the room and said, "I know."

"Okay.." I nodded.

He rubbed his forehead with his palm and let out a sigh, before staring back at me.

"Look, you can't tell anyone that you're moving here, okay? That would ruin my reputation." He stated.

"What?" I frowned.

"You heard me."

"I heard you, but why would I ruin your reputation?"

"Because you're a dork." He simply stated. I balled my fist, trying my best to restrain my fist from flying towards his beautiful face. He may be famous, he may be rich, and he may be cute, let's not forget that, but he didn't have the right to say those words to me!

"No, I'm not!" I argued, taking a step towards him.

"So, do we have a deal?"

"What deal?"

"You have to hide every time my friends come over. Stay in your room until my friends have gone home."

"What?! No!"

"Let me remind you, Hallie. This is my parents' house," he stated as a matter-of-factly, pointing to himself, "so technically, this is my house. I can kick you out anytime when my parents are not around, you know." He threatened me.

Shit, that was a good one. And he was right. With a lot of arguing inside my mind, I finally agreed. A smirk stretched upon his lips before he walked towards the door.

"Oh and, dinner's ready." He said when he's halfway through the door. I unconsciously nodded and he left the room. I was there staring at the door, dumbfounded. And soon it dawned on me.

I am living in the same house as Austin.

~

I rode my way downstairs, puzzled features evident on my face. Okay, let me reiterate what just happened. I, the weird and obnoxious Hazel, was living in the same house as Austin?There's like no way.

I finally succeed on making my way downstairs without tripping or fallling or worse. That would be really embarrasing. I took as step at a time towards the dining table.

Why was I so nervous?

"Hazel! We've been waiting for you. Please take a seat." He allowed me. I replied with a decent nod before taking a seat beside Jazz.

"Where were you? I'm so hungry!" Jazz complained softly, sending me a death glare.

"Sorry.." I apologized. I lifted my head. Wrong choice.. My eyes met Austin's and he was looking right back..

Smirking.

I shifted uncomfortably on my seat. I tried my best to look at everyone but him. And I noticed a cute small little girl dressed in a cute pink dress where a ribbon was perched around the waist.

"Hazel, that's the guy's little sister." Jazz introduced the little girl. I gave him a small nod in comfirmation.

"So, Hazel. How do you like your new room?" Ryan's wife asked in a sudden. My head jolted up, clearing all the thoughts that was hovering inside my mind.

"I'm sorry, what?"

She let out a soft chuckle, which made me like her immediately. "I was asking how do you like your new room?" She reiterated.

"Maybe like is an understatement. I love it!" I exclaimed, earning a smile from her and Ryan.

"Thank God. For a second I thought that you were going to say that you didn't like it." She smiled which I returned.

After a long period of eating and chatting, it was time for my father to go. We exchanged goodbyes and Ryan gave my father a bro hug before my father took off.

"Don't worry, Hazel. He will visit on holidays. He'll be back before you know it." She assured me, rubbing my back. I replied with a nod. "Oh, and I haven't introduce myself to you. I'm Denna."

"Thank you, Denna. You're really nice." I smiled at her.

"Don't worry. I've always wanted to have a teenage daughter! How about, you and me, go shopping tomorrow?"

Shopping? Hmm, sounds great. I think I had some bucks with me. I nodded in agreement before heading towards my room. I climbed up, and bumped straight into someone as I was just taking a sharp turn.

"Watch where you're going!" The person retorted. Wait, I knew that voice.

"Austin?" I looked up.

"Yes?" He mocked, tilting his head.

"Could you please stop being rude? Just for a minute?" I crossed my arms across my chest, waiting for a respond.

"No." He replied before walking away.

What was his problem? Funny how an extremely nice mother raised such an awful and rude child. I sighed before walking towards my room. I looked the door and dug into my closet, finding my Mickey Mouse pajamas. I smiled when I found them and changed. I set my alarm before pulling my blanket up into my chin and shut my eyes.