Chapter 12

Goal: 25 Votes

"The final is two weeks away!" I exclaimed, "and every time I try to study, I always get distracted!"

I was walking back and forth in my room, mumbling to myself about how much of a procrastinator I was. The final was two weeks away, and I hadn't prepare anything.

"I have to start studying now!" I decided. And there was only one thing that could help me with my study.

Austin.

"Hazel? Honey?" Denna called out from the other side of the door whilst knocking.

"Yes, Denna?" I called back. I opened the door for her and she stepped in.

"So, how are you with your studies?" She asked, checking at my books which were scattered on the bed.

"Well, it's going great! Right now, I'm learning about triometry." I lied.

Denna scrunched her eyebrows together. "Hazel, did you mean trigonometry?"

Oh, damn. There came karma.

"Yes! Yes, what I had been trying to say was trigonometry." I plastered the fakest smile there was.

Denna put on a confused expression all over her face, but then shrugged it off. "Alright, good luck with your studies then." She offered me a smile before exiting the room.

I breathed out a sigh of relief before making my way towards my bed. I grabbed one of my book and read them. If I wanted to pass the final, I'd have to study hard.

But.. I couldn't. I needed help!

I stacked my books on my desk, before properly exiting my room. I sauntered towards the kitchen, before opening the fridge's door. I reached in for a pint of vanilla ice cream, my favorite. I could've eaten the whole pint, but again, I'd have to control myself.

I took a scoop out of the pint and put it on a small bowl, before returning the pint into the fridge. A little ice cream before studying couldn't hurt, right?

When I was laying comfortably on the couch while eating my ice cream, I heard footsteps ascending. Well, I couldn't care less. I was about to reach out for a remote when my shoulder was grabbed by someone.

I stopped and looked up. I scowled at his face and he shook his head apprehensively at me. Jerk. "What?" I snapped.

"It's two weeks until final and you're here, sitting lazily on your butt. Are you kidding me, Hazel? You have to fucking study if you want to pass the final!" He stated sternly at me, letting my shoulder go.

"I am not fucking kidding, Austin. I've studied for three hours straight, and not even a single thing went into my brain!" I continued eating my ice cream.

He growled before disappearing upstairs. Not long after, he reappeared with my books in his grip. He sighed as he took a seat beside me. "Finish that ice cream so we can start studying." He ordered.

I frowned. Well, that was weird. Why would he wanted to help me? He'd been acting mean since the minute he saw me, so why would he acted nice all of a sudden? "Snap out of it, Hazel. I know I'm gorgeous and everything, but we need to start studying." He smirked.

"Overly-obsessed-with-himself Jerkspat." I rolled my eyes, finishing my ice cream.

"Just hurry the hell up." He sagged back towards the couch, crossing his arms across his chest.

When I finally finished my ice cream, I washed the bowl and made my way back towards the couch, carrying a glass of water.

"I'm done, let's start." I was being straightforward.