11.

The cafe's atmosphere was relaxing

The cafe's atmosphere was relaxing. The inside was calming with the walls that were designed with frames with different pictures of coffees and bulletin boards that were almost filled with good feedbacks in sticky notes and polaroid pictures, fake vines were hanging around the ceiling along with some hanging lights that produced a warm light, and the tables were either a small coffee table that was paired with a soft cushion or a bean bag on the floor or a table that was paired with either a simple wooden chair. The cafe was very pleasing.

In one of the tables beside the large window, there sat [Name] who seemed to be very covered. She was dressed in a thick coat with a jacket, a long-sleeve underneath, and some rip jeans to pair with her thick clothing. Along with that, [Name] was paler than before. Her lips were close to turning purple and she was more skinny.

Currently, the said girl was alone at a table, waiting for her friend to come.

"[Name]!" Speak of the devil. There he was, Tanaka, with the same toothy grin.

"Hey, you're late," [Name] stood up from her seat and approached the boy who just got to the place with both her hands inside the pockets of her coat.

"C'mon, I was only 2 minutes late!" Whined Tanaka.

"Yeah sure, Ryu," she playfully rolled her eyes and turned her back to walk back to their table.

"Me and Kiyoko were discussing the people who were gonna be invited, okay!" Her feet subconsciously stopped their pace.

"Kiyoko wanted to invite a lot of people so it took a while," the soon-to-be groom rubbed his nape.

"Well, Kiyoko does know a lot of people," her voice became quieter with every word that passed her lips. Tanaka didn't notice this.

"Yeah, she does! Now, let's sit down and remember to pay!"

"Wow, broke fucker."

"Hey! That hurts."

"Let's just sit down."

Like said, both she and Tanaka sat down in front of each other.

"So, what did you want to talk about, [Nickname]?" Asked the boy, his head tilting in curiosity. [Name] looked outside the shop and thought about what she was gonna say.

"It's super late but congrats on your engagement," a small smile formed on her lips.

"Thank you, [Nickname]-chan!" Tanaka flashed a bright smile.

Silence then started to fill the air with Tanaka curiously staring at the girl in front of her with a small smile and [Name] staring outside the window, trying to think of what she was gonna say next.

"You're a good guy, Tanaka-san. I'm glad you're the one marrying her," [Name]s fingers started to subconsciously fiddle with each other on top of the table with her eyes staring straight at his.

"Woah, where's all this coming from?"

"C'mon, Tanaka. Be serious. I'm trying to do a speech!"

"Okay, okay!" [Name] glared at him before clearing her throat.

"As I was saying, I'm glad you'll be Kiyoko's husband. You don't know how happy I am that she chooses you. Please, just please, take care of Kiyoko when I'm not around, and make her happy. I'm counting on you, Tanaka. I love Kiyoko as much as you love her so take care of her, okay?"

Tanaka was taken aback by what [Name] said. The male's friendship with [Name] has always been consisted of nothing but jokingly bullying each other and less affection so this is surprising for Tanaka. Also considering the fact that [Name] was always the one who hated affection. 

"Of course... I would never forgive myself if I hurt her," Tanaka's head lowered.

"I know you won't."

4/29/2021

4/29/2021 . 627 words

Idk if this is just a filler chapter or something.