𝙲𝚑-𝟷: The Moat Monster Mystery

It was dark and stormy night, thunder echoing from above as lightning danced across the skies, and the rain poured down.

Deep within the halls of an old and abandoned haunted castle down by the seafront on a cliff edge, a green troll-like monster walked up to a old wooden door and tore it right off it's hinges, where the Mystery Inc. gang were hiding. Everyone screamed when they saw the monster and they escaped, but for Shaggy and Scooby, they started screaming and they finally escape, but going in separate directions.

Shaggy is running and screaming all across the darkened halls of the castle, all alone, eventually locking himself into a room, seeing another door as another way to escape. Shaggy opened the door, but as he does so, the monster was already waiting for him.

"ZOINKS!" Shaggy screamed, running back to the locked door. The monster started to chase after Shaggy, slowly stalking him in a slow-walking fashion, as Shaggy struggled to open the locked door, only ending up breaking the doorknob. He tossed it in the air and ran off in another direction as the doorknob hits the monster's head.

"Scooby-Doo!" Shaggy shouted. "Where are you?"

Scooby Dooby Doo, Where Are You
We've got some work to do now
Scooby Dooby Doo, Where Are You
We need some help from you now

The chase continues further on. Shaggy bumped into Scooby, but Shaggy got back into his feet and continued to run, not caring that Scooby had jumped up on his back. The monster roared and scared them away. Shaggy saw a suit of armour standing nearby, and before they passed by it, he lifted up the arm that carried a shield. It would've work if the monster didn't smash through the arm. Scooby then carried Shaggy on his back like a racehorse and the Great Dane slid under the table full of old china and candelabras. The cowardly teen knocked down every single plate and cup in place that was on the table, before leaping back onto Scooby's back. The two of them find themselves a hallway lined with many doors, entering each room to room, which it caused confusion to the monster, and it didn't know whether to make heads-or-tails about the situation, or which door to go through.

Come on, Scooby Doo, I see you
pretending you've got a sliver
But you're not fooling me, cause I can see
the way you shake and shiver

Suddenly, Fred, Daphne, Velma, and Braedey appeared around a bend, and stopped running on the spot, as they accidentally exposed themselves to the monster. The monster saw then, then picked up a shield from the wall next to it and boomeranged it at the gang. The four of them dodged it, as it smashes through a window, and they run off to the nearest balcony. But, as they do, the old balcony collapsed and the girls were at the verge of falling, only to be caught and hanging by their hands by both Fred and Braedey.

You know we've got a mystery to solve so Scooby Doo
be ready for your act
Don't hold back!
And Scooby Doo if you come through you're gonna have
yourself a
Scooby Snack!
That's a fact!

The monster slowly stalked up near Fred and Braedey, then it swiped his claw at the boys, making them lose on hand on the girls. Velma fell, but Daphne caught her before she could fall any further. The monster was then about to push them all off the balcony into the moat, but then suddenly, Scooby landed into its arms, causing it to back away, and it dropped Scooby down onto the stairs.

Scooby Dooby Doo, here are you
You're ready and you're willing
If we can count on you Scooby Doo
I know we'll catch that villain

Scooby slid around the stairs like a slide, not watching the monster go after him. He then flew in the air and jumped into a old chandelier, causing it and the chain to break and fall to the ground, knocking down an old grandfather clock. The clock then knocked down a line of armour like they were a set of dominoes and it puts down the monster for good.

Shaggy soon arrived, and he started to help Braedey and Fred lift the girls back up onto the balcony and to safety. Braedey and Daphne shared a small hug, and followed after the gang back inside the castle to solve the mystery. Shortly after, Velma walked towards the monster and grabbed the top of it, revealing it to be a mask, and pulled it off. The monster was no monster at all, but a man wearing a monster costume.

 The monster was no monster at all, but a man wearing a monster costume

"Like," Shaggy gasped. "It's Mr. Beeman, the real estate agent!"

"Mr. Beeman?" Scooby and Braedey asked in unison.

"Yeah." Velma confirmed. "He was printing millions of counterfeit dollars in a basement with his printing press." She then walked over to Mr. Beeman, and she removed his gloves, now revealing a dark green inky-substance all across his hands. "What we originally thought was mold, was really green ink. See?" She added in, gesturing to Beeman's hands.

Everyone now stood in awe. Mr. Beeman lets out a small, angry growl at the mystery-solving gang, seeing his entire plan has been foiled and he'll be facing the consequences of his actions. "I've would've gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for that pig dog, that little brat, and you meddling kids!" He said darkly to them.

"That's rather insulting, sir." Braedey spoke up next.

Braedey and Scooby let out small, mischievous chuckles, as Scooby puts Mr. Beeman's mask on his left hand, and imitated a small roar. Scooby winced in fear, but Braedey stuck his tongue at the fake mask. It now didn't seem so scary...