fight!

The outside is hotter than she had originally thought. Maybe it's the blaring sun that won't give the stadium a break. Or maybe it's the fact hundreds of people have been put into one space and the body heat from it all is practically unbearable. Perhaps it's the nervousness and anxiety knowing that thousands of people are watching her walk up onto a large platform, where she either embarrasses herself in front of the world, or embarrasses her opponent. 

One of those is much more likely than the other.

The muttering of the crowd doesn't do much help to her, not at all. The headache had gone away beforehand, but now it would just be coming back at full blast. Pounding deep in her skull that would make her want to double over and vomit. What a pleasant image.

Mina Ashido gets quite a lovely introduction, something lovely and complimentary. For her however, Present Mic nearly mispronounces her name before Aizawa says it for him. 

Even just staring at Mina, it's apparent she's here to have fun. She doesn't want any hard feelings between them after this. Understandable, she guesses, but in all honestly (Name) and her will never talk again after this.

From digging through her mind in an attempt to scour any information about Mina's thoughts or feelings, nothing at all pops up. Mina is completely happy where she is and has had zero traumatic experiences in her life for (Name) to use against her.

Wow, doesn't (Name) sound like an awful person right now? Hilarious. 

She's suddenly all too aware of the required uniform on her skin— the way the fabric lays over it. It's enough to make her want to squirm where she stands. A breeze flows through the stadium and across from her, Mina's hair blows around in a similar fashion to that of a hair commercial. 

The arena goes completely silent and all that lays in its disappearance is tension. The round officially begins.

Mina immediately skates towards her, moves as graceful as one could possibly make them. Her breath catches in her throat.

It's hard to not freeze up. At the end of the day, quirk or not, powerful or not, hero or not, everyone is human. And human survival instincts include three very well known things. Flight, fight, and freeze.

Originally (Name) had just planned to look Mina dead in the eye and walk out of the arena. A statement, though cringe and disappointing for everyone around her. We can't disappoint completely now, can we? Disappointments don't get recognized, do they?

After the immediate freeze reaction, she takes into using what self defense she knows to try and at least throw Mina off of her rhythm. 

Honestly, how hopeless and stupid could these ideas get? I mean, she's going up against a 1-A student, someone who's had training and probably knows complete martial arts at this point. 

She's able to duck away from a spray of acid, and in the same moment sends Mina on a small stumble with a kick to the knee.

Mina's quick and agile though, an exact opposite of (Name). A spray of acid leaves the pink haired girl's hands once more, temporarily distracting (Name) enough to grab ahold of her and start pushing her towards the edge of the ring.

It's a pathetic attempt of a struggle and fight before she finds herself outside of the arena completely, Mina smiling at her apologetically. 

Mina is declared the winner.

(Name) accepts the hand helping her get up.

Mina apologizes and compliments her on something she doesn't bother to listen to, and her response is simply a nod as they each leave the arena. 

She's comforted by the fact that she knew this would happen. She had already accepted it beforehand, so there really was no reason to be upset.

While she walks back down the tunnel on to who knows where, Shinso appears from a corner and waves.

It's idle conversation, him discussing where he had gone after his loss against Midoriya and how he felt they were in similar situations during each of their fights.

There's not much for either of them to say as they sit outside the stadium itself on the dirt ground beneath them.

Shinso gets up after a few minutes to let her know he was walking home early. Mainly to avoid crowds and people noticing him as he walks home. 

She continues to sit on the ground, counting the small rocks that lie on it in a fog state of mind.

A mumbling comes from the nearest entrance, two people speaking in hushed tones. Her ears strain to listen immediately for some sort of amusement that could pass through her.

Her eyebrows raise slightly as she moves her eyes up to the clear sky above her.

Such interesting stories the 1-A kids have, such interesting stories and ideals indeed.