Chapter 5

Listening to the water as I waited for the female to finish, I began carefully laying out some new garments for her. I had already called for someone to bring them to me as well as have food taken to the others for when we return. While I was not sure of the female's size, I had proclaimed some that should go with her colourings.

In front of me were now a floor length cream coloured gown, light blue styled one and a brown one as well. Personally I would have gone for purple, but from what I could tell of this female; she did not like anything bright.

Soon I heard the water turn off and from the bathroom emerged a sparkling figure. She appeared a lot cleaner now, her grey hair definitely white now that the dirt was gone.  

"Thank you very much," she whispered, smiling at me happily.

"That's quite alright, now, if you would like to choose a dress to wear," I gestured to the gowns on the bed.

Finally noticing the fine silks, the females eyes began to well up happily, "oh my gosh. They are beautiful."

Watching her rush over to them, she felt each of the silks carefully before finalising on the blue outfit.

Turning around, I allowed her to dress in private.

"So I was wondering something," I began.

"I thought we were waiting for questions after we ate," she spoke cheekily.

Blushing in embarrassment, I turned to find her looking amazing in her new gown. "I'm sorry, we can wait if you'd like."

Hitting me lightly on the arm, I noticed that her eyes were sparkling happily, "I was just teasing you, if you have a question then go ahead."

I smiled back as we made our way back to the others, "I was just wondering what your name was." I explained.

The female seemed to think for a moment. "I'm not sure," she admitted, "the King kept calling me Rebel. Is that a name?"

"Do you want it to be your name?" I asked back.

"I think so," Rebel mused, "it seemed to annoy the King which makes it good for me."

"Great," I grinned.

Entering the main room once again, the smell of cooked food hit me immediately in the face. "Hello everyone, I'd like to introduce the new and improved Rebel."

The others turned from their meals to smile happily at the fresher looking prisoner.

"It's nice to meet you Rebel, is that your actual name?" Honour inquired uncertainly.

"Does it matter," Comet but in. "If the King locked me up I'd give myself a different name after wards."

I smiled inwardly at Comet as she dug straight back into her meal. Sitting next to her, I indicated the spare seat for Rebel. I could see that she was already drooling at her food and nodded for her to dig in.

Once everyone was finished, we turned towards Rebel, wanting to find out as much as we could as soon as possible. She seemed quite self-conscious and kept squinting at the light in the room.

Squirming under our gaze, Rebel kept her eye line low, "I don't really know what to tell you, my story is far from interesting."

"Well, why don't you start by telling us about you?" I prompted.

Glancing up at me uncertainly, Rebel's face fell, "I... I um... well." I watched, confused, while she nervously ran her hands up her arms, as if attempting to warm herself.

Composing herself, Rebel tried again, "well, I'm not sure where I'm from or where I was born. The earliest memories I have was when I was about five. I remember my mother, she was really pretty but, um, I think the King captured us and locked us up. I know I've been here for an awful long time."