Chapter 12

We woke early, ate and were soon on our way. I was pleased to see that Rebel appeared to be nearly completely better; the spell obviously had a good effect on her. This didn't appear quite the same for Atlas; even his clothes looked paler than they had yesterday.

After waking up bright eyed, Rebel had nearly died from shock at being surrounded by wolves, a dragon and scruffy male whom she did not know. It had taken a considerable amount of calming down and explaining to get her out of the tree.

Now that everyone was calm, however, we were on our way. I had to have a quiet word with Rebel about the spell. I needed to make sure we knew where we were going.

"I'm not sure really," Rebel explained worriedly. "I can kind of feel the pulling, although it's quite weak at the moment."

"But you think it will get stronger the closer we get?" I asked her worriedly.

Rebel appeared to be fidgeting a bit and for the first time I wondered whether the 'pulling' sensation she was describing was hurting her in any way. Rebel looked away from my searching gaze.

"I'll be fine Amy; I want this as much as you do, remember that."

I had nodded, although not completely happy with the situation. Now we were traipsing through the undergrowth. As none of us had a map, the only help we had was Ebony. Every so often the little dragon would soar above the trees before tumbling back down and chattering to Atlas.

While the rest of us had no idea what she was saying, Atlas had obviously spent enough time with her to understand her.

Due to this help, we could determine that we were heading towards the coast line of Gyana. I wondered whether this new species was a water based one and that was why we didn't know about them. Although that theory wouldn't explain Rebel's form.

It wasn't long before we all decided we would prefer not to be walking any more.