Chapter 1

Perched, like a terrified owl, on the top of the ladder, I clung on to the steps as tightly as possible. As my knuckles changed from pink to white, I slowly opened my eyes. I had known when I started walking up the steps that I would eventually be quite high up, what with the castle's ceiling not being at all low, but had thought nothing of it. Who would've thought that a winged creature would be scared of falling? I guess I didn't completely trust my wings yet, what with how they failed me when I first received them.

Glancing up at the books in front of me, I ran my gaze over their dusty spines. Although I could not actually read most of their titles due to the wear in their writing I did not trust my hands to unclench and take any of them down in order to inspect their covers.

This was a disaster.

Without looking down, I tentively searched for the next rung in the ladder as I made my way back to safety.

"Did you find anything?" Comet yelled up at me.

Once my foot finally touched down on safe land, I allowed myself a small sigh of relief. Facing Comet I shrugged helplessly.

"You didn't actually look did you?" Comet stated, placing her hands firmly on her waist.

Turning my head slightly I refused to give Comet eye contact. I was quite embarrassed.

"Don't worry Amy; we still don't really know what will help us anyway." Honour comforted me as he placed his arm around my shoulder and gave me a small squeeze.

"Eww, go be a couple somewhere else, please!" Comet groaned, placing her hand mockingly over her eyes.

"We're not a couple," I assured her, feeling more at ease.

After commenting this, I glanced at Honour to see him looking slightly downtrodden as he carefully removed his arm from around me. I couldn't help but wonder why.

"So, what have we left to search through?" Comet asked, walking down the next isle of books.

"Magic." I raised my hands and shook them in an attempt to seem fantastical.

Honour smiled slightly to me as he followed Comet around the corner. I glanced up and down the surrounding book cases happily. Over the last couple of weeks I had really grown to love the old library. It's strong book smell, combined with the slight damp cold had become my main residence during the day. So much so, that my friends always knew to look for me here first.

Griffin was actually the one who had suggested that, while spending my time in the library, I should actually do something helpful and look for anything that would help us. Comet and Honour were happy to help, both incredibly bored with being entrusted with nothing in the castle.

After telling my friends about Griffin's request, they, obviously, both agreed. Although, they both later said it was only because they wanted to help me find my twin.

Unfortunately, we'd been searching the dark library for quite a few days now and nothing seemed helpful in any way. I wasn't really sure what we may find but I had presumed something to do with the spell the King had used. Nothing had cropped up.

Griffin hadn't really had time to help in any way and they were always in the Kings chambers doing something important so we couldn't search in there yet.

My parents didn't know what we were doing yet. I hadn't really spoken to them since they got here: not really sure what I was supposed to say to them. Although I missed them, I had to get my emotions in check before we talked about it together.

"Amy?" Comet poked her head back around the corner.

"Huh? Oh yeah, I'm coming," I assured her, following her through the maze towards the 'M' section.

Spinning through the desks, I spotted Honour already folded over a pile of books. He was flipping through multiple pages at once due to his heightened sight and brain functions.

Refusing to pause for a glance at me, I passed by silently. Running along the row, I analysed the title rushing past me. Most just seemed to be history books, I already knew lots of the spell scrolls were kept in the castle as Mage Mountain but I assumed the one the King used should be somewhere in here.

"You know you could fly to reach the top?" Honour mumbled over his shoulder.

I paused, already stretching up on my tip-toes. Snapping my head around to Honour, I was amazed at how hostile he was suddenly acting towards me. Has I done something wrong? And anyway, Honour knew about my reservations for using my wings, he understood not to bring that sort of thing up.

Turning his back on me, I glanced at Comet who simply shrugged. She had no idea at all about boys.

Skimming my fingers further down the shelf, I suddenly felt an electric shock through my tips.

"Ouch," I exclaimed, sucking on the end of my finger.

"What happened?" Honour jumped up, suddenly worried.

"I'm not sure," I examined the mark now etched down my hand.

It was as if lighting had shot down my palm and scarred it with a pattern. It was stinging intensely but after what I had been through over the last month or so it was nothing.

"I think I've found something." I muttered.

_________________________________

A/N: Ok, I know it's short but I don't have a lot of time lately and I'm slowly getting back into the story. Hope you enjoy Amy's second tale and be sure to comment with any suggestions or things you like :D