Chapter 5: Altar of Mortis

Narrator: Mystery on Mortis! Sent to discover the origin of a mysterious distress call, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, and their padawans (Y/N) (L/N) and Ahsoka Tano are stranded on a distant planet. There they discover three beings more powerful with the Force than any Jedi have seen before. The Father keeps a fragile balance between his Daughter, who allies with the light side, and the Son, who drifts ever closer to the dark. With his strength failing, the Father asks Anakin to stay and take his place, preserving the balance between light and dark, but after passing a perilous test, Skywalker refuses. Now we find our heroes about to depart for their journey home... or so they think. 

3rd Person POV

(Y/N) is sitting in the back of the ship, looking at Anakin who was currently asleep. He started to think about the vision he saw last night. Anakin tried to kill him, but not only him. He also tried to kill Padme. He looked down at the floor of the ship before his eyes drifted over to his lightsabers which were sitting on the seat next to him. 

"You know what must be done. He is too dangerous to be left alive. Kill him and protect the people you care about" Said a mix of voices, all being dark and echoing. He walks over to his lightsabers and grabs one of them. He then slowly walks over to Anakin, who is sleeping. He ignites his lightsaber, illuminating the area around him with orange light. Anakin opens his eyes and sees (Y/N) above him with his lightsaber drawn. 

"(Y/N), what are you doing?" Anakin asks. (Y/N) just looks at Anakin with an angry look. He desperately tries to stop himself from what he is about to do but can't. He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes. He swings his blade down onto Anakin, killing him. He opens his eyes to see that he is now an open field. He can see nothing but grass in front of him. 

"Teetering between the light and the darkness. Very dangerous. Although I should expect no less from you" says a voice. (Y/N) turns around and sees that the voice belonged to the Son, the embodiment of darkness. 

"I couldn't stop myself from killing him" (Y/N) says. 

"Oh but you could. You just didn't want to. You were selfish. You wanted to save the good things in your life, and the only way you could do that is if he was out of the way. I can't blame you, I would do the same thing. Your emotions make you powerful. You'd be foolish not to use them" The son says. 

"I use them when necessary. I'm disciplined and know when to let go. I don't know who that was, but that was not me" (Y/N) claims. 

"You're right, it wasn't. But with the dark side... it could be" The son says. 

"I will never fall to the dark side. They only fight for themselves" (Y/N) says. 

"It's a shame that you think that. I guess I'll just have to convince you in a different way" The son says before disappearing. 

After he disappears, everything goes black in an instant. (Y/N) launches upwards in his bed and looks around to see Anakin alive. He takes a breath of relief before looking around and seeing that he is in the shuttle. He turns and sees Ahsoka giving him a worried look. 

"Were you having a nightmare?" Ahsoka asks, walking over and sitting down next (Y/N) on the edge of the bed. 

"Something like that" (Y/N) answers, rubbing his eyes. (Y/N) stands up and starts to walk to the cockpit before the shuttle shakes. He then hears the struggled grunts of Ahsoka and turns to see the Son who has Ahsoka in a headlock. He uses the force to bring his lightsabers to his hands and ignites them, covering the room in orange light. "Let her go!" (Y/N) demands. Anakin then walks into the back and sees the scene. 

"Leaving so soon?" The Son asks as he starts to choke Ahsoka. "Not without this, you won't" He says before the panel below him opens and he flies out of the ship with Ahsoka in his grip. (Y/N) runs forward to the edge of the panel.