Chapter 8: Counterattack

Narrator: Escape from a Separatist prison. Carrying information about secret routes into the heart of the Republic and Separatist home worlds, Jedi Master Even Piell was captured and imprisoned in a fortress known as the Citadel. Leading an elite strike team, Obi-wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker rescued Master Piell and his officers. Now the Jedi have split up to evade Separatist forces as they attempt to escape the Citadel. 

3rd Person POV 

(Y/N) is currently walking next to Ahsoka throught the tunnels of the original Citadel fortress. Anakin takes out his comm to talk to R2. "R2, are you and your battle droids ready to go?" Anakin asks as he hears beeping coming from the astromech. "Alright, get the ship fired up. We'll meet you at the pipeline exit after you've picked up Obi-wan, assuming he's still on schedule" Anakin says before putting his comm away. 

They continue to walk through the tunnels but there is no sign of Anakin. Suddenly he jumps down and slices a probe droid which was following the group in half. (Y/N) and Ahsoka are in front of the group, leading it when Tarkin decides to walk beside them. 

"I'm beginning to admire the design of this fortress. It's rather formidable to evade" Tarkin says, complimenting what is basically a giant torture building. 

"How can you admire such a horrible place?" Ahsoka asks both confused and disgusted with the man. 

"Ah, you reveal your shortsightedness. This ordeal only demonstrates how effective facilities like the Citadel are. Pity it ended up in Separatist hands and not ours" Tarkin says. 

"It shouldn't be in anybody's hands. Horrible places like this shouldn't exist in the first place. Is it effective? Perhaps. Is it morally right? Not at all" (Y/N) says. 

"While you may have a point about it no being morally right in war you must understand that ends justify the means" Tarkin says. 

"Anybody who says "the ends justify the means" is just using that as an excuse for their terrible actions. The ends never justify the means" (Y/N) says. 

"I envy your youthful naivety. Surely you as a Jedi are aware of all the violence you commit. You realize that you are no angel yourself. You are always fighting" Tarkin says. 

"I fight so no one else has to fight and so that I can stop fighting" (Y/N) says. Ahsoka then walks up to the two and starts walking next to (Y/N). 

"Anakin has to protect our plank. He left us in charge" Ahsoka says to (Y/N). (Y/N) nods as the two start to lead their group with Rex and Tarkin right behind them. 

"I am concerned that the Jedi have elected these children to lead the group" Tarkin says to Rex, however (Y/N) hears this and turns to Tarkin. 

"You never do know when to shut up, do you?" (Y/N) asks. 

"Excuse me. You are talking to an highly praised captain of the Republic" Tarkin says boasting about himself. 

"In case you haven't noticed, I couldn't give less of a shit about what you claim to be. Because you and I both know that you sit down on your lazy ass and orders others to do your dirty work. You're not some hero of the Republic. You're a weak old man who is desperate for power" (Y/N) says as he gets into Tarkins face. Tarkin snarls at him before backhanding (Y/N) across the face. (Y/N) puts his hand to his cheek where Tarkin hit him and smiles. 

"Someone has to put you in your place, child. I guess it was left to me-" Tarkin says but stops and screams in pain when he punched square in the jaw by (Y/N). Tarkin falls to the ground in pain before looking up and glaring at the Jedi. "Arrest him for assault against a commanding officer!" Tarkin orders the clones. Rex, Echo, Charger, and Fives don't move but two other clones who were unfamiliar with (Y/N), walk up to him. Ahsoka looks back at them and realizes what is going on but doesn't say anything as she knows (Y/N) can handle this. The two clones who walked up to him, aimed their weapons at him. Rex, Charger, Echo, and Fives immediately pull out their weapons and aim them at the two clones trying to arrest (Y/N).