Chapter 8: Sunrise

GOENKA VILLA

The sun rose up high the next morning,as usual,But for Manish Goenka it felt like the first sunrise after a long period of complete darkness.Finally,he could see a ray of hope in their lives.

The last night,Kirti had called him telling him about her unexpected talk with Gayu,who informed her of Naira meeting with Kartik in her college. Manish was overjoyed hearing this,and he had to be careful in bottling up his excitement so that Suvarna,lying beside him would not wake up.He hoped that both of them would talk to each other and clear their misunderstandings.

'What an irony!The girl whom he thought of not worthy to be a part of his son and their lives,was the very one who held their family together from breaking apart.Now,in her absence,it seems like the whole family had come to realise what her presence meant to them.'he mused,drinking his coffee,appearing to be reading the newspaper,while pondering over his thoughts.

The house seemed empty as it used to be before Naira stepped into their house.Although full of people,everyone was stranded and lonely,but Naira had joined them all with her love, care, understanding and patience.

Suvarna suddenly came over to him,looking worried.'Manishji...'she breathed out.
Manish was worried and got up alarmed.'Kya hua,Suvarna?Tum pareshan kyu hai?'
'Manishji,vo..vo Kartik..Meri call answer nahi kiya..Aur do din se meri baatcheeth bhi nahi hue uski saath'.
'Suvarna,yahi baat thi..Tumne toh mujhe daraayi diya'he shook his head,as he picked up the newspaper again.

'Manishji,aap samajh kyu nahi rahe ho?Vo kabhi aisa nahi karte..Mera beta..vo teek hoga ya nahi..'blabbered Suvarna.

'Suvarna..For God's sake,bas jar.. Have you gone blind in your love for your son?You are trying to tie him up.He is not a child.He can handle himself.Aur handle nahi kar paayi toh bhi seek jaungi'said Manish,grimly..
'Usko sambhaalne wale jo hai uske saath'murmured Manish to himself.
'I am not feeling good about this,Manishji.Aisa lag raha hai ki kuch galat hone wala hai mera bachche ke saath..Kai wo ladki....'added Suvarna distatefully.

Manish looked at her,carefully,'Kaunsi ladki,Suvarna?Wo ladki jo Kartik pyaar karta tha aur tumne bhagaaya.Kab tak tum usko blame karogi jab uski galti hai hi nahi'admonished Manish.

'Aap kabhi nahi samjhogi.Main meta beta khoya hai'pressed Suvarna,helplessly.

'Haan..Main nahi samajh paungi.Sirf tumhe dard hai na usko khone ka..Woh meri kuch nahi lagti thi na..Baar he uska.. Aur usko mile hue bhi itni din nahi hua tha..Mujh pe kya beetha yoga ye tum kyun samajh nahi rahe ho..Aur naira beta pe bhi kyaa beeth rahi hoti.. Tumne ek pal bhi nahi lagaya usko joshi dene mein'asked Manish,sadly.

'Aap aisa kaise keh sakte ho..Vo ladki...vo..meri vishwaas thodaa.. Mera bachche ko mujhse Chennai.. Main usko kabhi maaf nahi kar paaungi.' declared Suvarna through her tears as she walked out of the room.

Manish sighed behind her,hoping that Suvarna's eyes will soon open.

He rang up Kirti 'Beta...Kya hai plan?Yahaan tumhaari ma ko kuch nahi bataaya hai.Koi fayda nahi hai..Is baar home kuch bhi karke Kartik Naira ke beech ki dooriyaan khatdm karni hogi'saying this he turned back to see his mother looking at him.He muttered a 'talk to you later'to Kirti and looked at his mother fearful of her reaction.

'Manish Beta,Ismein mein bhi tumhaari saath hu..Bataao mujhe kya karna hai..'said Dadi sincerely.

Manish' face broke into a huge smiles he narrated all that he got to know from Kirti about Naira's whereabouts.

Akhilesh and Surekha also arrived there. They were also missing Kartik and Naira.It seemed like that day,along with shubham,they had lost a part of Kartik and Naira also.Surekha,who never used to be that close with Naira,also felt empty after Naira left.As they discussed about Kartik end Naira,they were cautious not to let Suvarna know about any of this.

SINGHANIYA SADAN

Unlike Goenka Villa,the house was bustling with people rushing here and there.It was the day for Kirti's designs to be dispatched,and the whole family was engaged in looking through last minute arrangements.

Kirti was wrapping up the shawls in a carton,at the same time talking with the company to which she was delivering the garments.
Naksh could be seen,hurrying here and there,in search of an important file of Krishna.Bhabhimaa and Devyani were sitting together,wrapping up the kurtis into a near pile.
Servants rushed in and out of the kitchen,bringing hot kachori with chutney out.Seeing the kachoris,Kirti suddenly stopped in her work, overwhelmed by the memories associated with it.

Those times seemed to be from a dream or fairytale,when the whole family used to sit together,having kachoris, while Kartik Naira would drop in. Kartik, seeing the kackoris, would go mad with joy, and rush to the table, serving himself, while Naira would tease him for it.

She sighed and got back to her work, but her attention now focused on the last night happenings.

Last night,Gayu had called her, informing a news that surprised her and strengthened her hope and belief. She was utterly convinced that Kartik Naira could be United. And this time, she will do whatever she can for her brother and her sister-in-law's happiness. She had that moment itself called her father,informing about this. Seeing Naksh approaching her, she wondered whether she should tell him. She was unsure of how he would react.

Anyways,Gathering up courage,she went to him, 'Naksh,Naira se tumhaare baat hue kya?'
Hearing Naira's name, a rollercoaster of emotions swept through his mind. For two years,he had been missing his sister and Father's presence in his lives.

He is still a bit sad that his Father left him...Without his presence and guidance, He had been having a difficult time looking after Krishna and his family. And Naira...He missed her a lot and was also angry at her for leaving him and going. Wouldn't he support her, care for her? Wasn't his presence and love not important for her? Didnt she miss him at all? Finding no answers to these question, he had stopped talking with Naira and even if she or Naitik called, he would reluctantly speak very little.

In spite of having a family, he was totally alone.

Kirti wrapped her hands on his hands, pressing them, understanding his dilemma. She softly spoke, 'Naksh, you know that Naira did not do this purpose fully. Give her some time. She will come back to you. And all your anger, complaints will no longer be seen among your love for her. Naira loves you a lot and she misses you as much as you miss her'.
Naksh just nodded, not finding enough words to speak. Kirti just leaned on his shoulder,deciding it is not the right time to tell him about Kartik being in Mumbai.
'Pata nahi, maybe he will get more angry at Kartik'she mused.
As for her, she was neither angry with Kartik or Naira. She just hoped that Kartik would come back to his senses soon and realise that no one is at fault,and only their circumstances were  at fault.
_________________________________________
Heyy Guyzz...Here is your Tuesday Update....I know there is no kaira scenes here, but it was important to throw light on what other family members thought of all that was going on....

So, How do you like Today's update? Please do vote, comment and share if you found it interesting....

And A great Thankyou to all who have voted and commented regularly to encourage me and to all my followers....