Chapter 15: Space

"No..No...I know this...Yaa...Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Ghum." Mishti squealed in delight.

Kuhu sat down, making a face.
"Next is my turn" Gayu piped in, as she stood up and started doing the antics of Shah Rukh Khan in Baazigar.

Kuhu scrunched her eyebrows, but she couldn't recollect the name.
"I know this...yaar...what was the name...aahhh...Was it Badshaah or something?"

Mishti giggled as she hi-fived Gayu.

"Di, dekho na ye dono kaise team banke jeeth raha hai aur aap dhyan hi nahi de rahe hai" Kuhu complained to a lost Naira.

"Haa, Kuhu...I will come in a minute."She said hurriedly, as she left their room and went to the balcony.

Naira paced to and fro, thoughtful. It had been three days since the Gym incident. In her anger and frustration that she had bottled up these two years, she had told him everything he had wanted to know. After that, she had not seen Kartik. At the starting, she had ignored it, but she couldn't help feel restless...And as much as she hates to admit it, a small part of her still cares for him.

"Kartik ke baare me soch rahe ho na" Gayu asked, leaning on the doorway.

Naira instantly refused.
"Aisa kuch nahi hai, Di"

Gayu sighed, As she moved forward towards Naira.
"Achha...Aur Fir tum kiske baare me itna soch rahe hai...Kartik gayab hai teen dino se, Isliye pareshan hai na tu"

"Di, Main kyun uske baare me sochu, main...main...Badi Dadi aur choti Dadi ke baare me soch rahi thi. Bahut don hua hai na un dono se baat karte hua"

"Teeke...Tum yahaan baitkar agli baar jab me puchti hu, tab kya bahana banana hai uske baare me socho...Aur is baar acha bahana banana..kyunki tum kal hi choti daadi se baat ki thi...bhul gayi??"

Naira sighed, as she pulled Gayu di in for a hug.

"Di, Mujhe kuch samajh me nahi aa raha hai."

"Kartik ko lekar pareshan hai na..." Gayu asked softly.

"Pata nahi..Kuch din pehle meri baat hui thi usse. I had told him everything what happened with Shubham.After that I hadn't seen him.He was in shock...I am feeling restless"

"Naira, you don't have to worry. He will be fine. If you was able to stand up after whatever happened with you, he will also be able to deal with this."
Gayu advised, who was still at a corner of her heart, angry with Kartik for what he had done to Naira.

Gayu hugged her back tightly, as she was lost in deep thought.

She herself was very confused. What is all this mess that is happening in their life?

Coming out of Naira's room, she softly closed her room, only to see Naitik waiting for her.

Naitik, on seeing her, called her to him.
"Gayu, What had happened? Did Naira say anything?"

"Naira...Kartik ko lekar pareshan hai...She told him the truth about Shubham a few days back, and Kartik isn't seen since then. She was very worried."

Naitik did not know what to say. He himself was worried about Kartik since the previous day when the watchman had mentioned during their daily chit chats about Kartik leaving suddenly. He hasn't shifted since he has taken with him the keys of his room, leaving his belongings there.

"Tauji, What do you think?"

"Beta, Even I am also very worried."

"No, After Kartik did, Are you ready to forgive him? Forget everything?"Gayu asked, not able to digest it.

"I will not be able to forget anything, but Gayu, that time they were traumatised. But later on, except Suvarna and Kartik everyone accepts that Naira is not at fault." Naitik tried to explain.

"But Tauji, Kartik?? What about him? He should have stood by Naira. Even Naira was fighting her battles by herself. Accused by everyone and also being guilty without being at fault...What about it?" Her anger at Kartik was evident.

"I know, Gayu. I can understand your concern for Naira.This time, I would not allow Naira to be hurt. And about Kartik, He is realising his mistake. Give him some more time!Anyways, Whatever it will be, it will be Naira's decision. And neither me nor Kartik can change that.".Naitik squeezed her shoulders in assurance, before leaving.

Gayu was confused. If she was feeling like this, God knows how Naira is feeling right now. This phase of relationship Naira aur Kartik donon ke liye difficult hai, dono ko waqt chahiye..Sochne aur samajhne  ka...Then they will decide the future of their relationship. Yes, Her sister is capable to sort it by herself, and even if she needs any help, she(Gayu) will be there always forever standing by her side.

***********

Goenka Villa, 12:30am

It was midnight, and everyone was fast asleep. There was a rattle of keys, and then someone inserted the keys into the key-hole.

The door creaked as it opened to reveal a dejected Kartik in.

Looking around the dark hallway, he smiled, happy at finally being home.

He slowly tiptoed, so as not to wake anyone up, to his parents' room.

Opening the door, he peeped in to see that his parents were fast asleep. The moonlight fell on his mother's tired face.

He could feel a lump on his throat. Having lost his mother at a very early age, and having misunderstood a mother he had, for too long, he was very possessive about his mom. His mother's each pain were like daggers piercing his heart. He cannot lose his mother again, for this time, he will be scarred for life.

He moved forward, and after placing a soft kiss on his mother's forehead, and looking at his parents sleeping soundly, he walked away.

He walked to his room in a daze. On one side was his mother, who had loved him more than her own son. Even though, he rebuked her, disrespected her, she had stood for him. On the other hand was the Girl whom he loved more than his own life, and who loved him unconditionally.

He was sure that he won't be able to choose between them.

His head throbbed, tired with his long journey, and the sleepless nights he had for a few days. His thoughts hung in the air, as he pondered over them. He had no idea how he could clear the mess that was created, maybe by he himself.

It was his mistake.
He had unintentionally led their relationship to a turn where despite all these days being this close, they were miles apart. Despite all their love for each other, they were not able to understand each other.

A turn where they had allowed space between them for misunderstandings and false egos.

They hadn't realised at that time that This battle was neither his nor hers, but theirs.

Hopefully, They still had time to mend it before it gets broken forever....
_________________________________________************************************
So Everyone, I am Back...Hoping u guyz were missing me as much as I did...

I am really sorry I left u guyz in the middle without any idea what is happening. Here on, I will try updating as much as possible...

Also, do tell me thru ur votes, comments and shares how u felt abt this chapter. I also do accept Constructive criticism..

Stay Tuned, Guyzzz