Chapter 10: Fresher's Party

Naitik went to his flat, confused and worried. Reaching there, he could spot a tensed Gayu along with an equally worried Kuhu and Mishti, pacing the room in circles.

'Tum logo ko pata tha...' asked Naitik, more like a statement than a question, quietly.

Gayu rushed forward to Naitik's side.
'Haa... Tauji..Hame kal Keerti di bataya tha...Lekin, I swear, hum aapko batane wale the...But We were worried...'

'If I will get angry on Kartik ' completed Naitik.

The look on their faces confirmed it.

Naitik sighed,' I am sad for Naira, because what happened to her was unfortunate. Kartik should have at least listened to her for once. But from Kartik's side, He was grieving. He was not in a situation to think rationally. Whatever both Naira and Kartik had done, they both are my children only, right? So how can I support one and stand against the other'

Gayu nodded, agreeing it. Even she was confused. Both of them had their own point of view. And for any third person, it is evident that whatever was happening was purely because of misunderstandings. Once this clears, each would see each other's views and also accept that the other one was not at fault.

Naira came in at that moment, bringing an end to their discussion.

'Naira, You have your Fresher's party today, right? And you aren't ready yet??' Asked Gayu, suddenly recollecting Naira casually mentioning it the previous evening.

'Haa, Gayu di...Party to aaj hai...Lekin mera man nahi hai...'said Naira, dreading meeting Kartik again.

Avoiding Kartik was impossible in the college, the least she can do is prevent them turning up together at the same place other than college.

'Aisa kaise mann nahi hai..Tumhe jaana hoga.. If you go, you will also feel at ease...' Gayu coaxed.

'Haan princess..Even I feel you should go...It will be a new change for you..Also, Kunal will be there' said Naitik.

Now Naira could not refuse. Her Father had suggested it. Atleast, for her family, she have to do something to convince them that she is not grieving, but has actually moved on...

'Haan...If you all feel that I should go , I will...' said Naira, with a defeated sigh.

It's just a matter of few hours...And nothing can be worse than the situation fate has mercilessly thrown her into...What could possible go wrong?

If only she knew that things were going to go downhill in a matter of two hours...

Alas, she had shaken off her gut feeling and even though half-heartedly, decided to go for the party.

************

The DJ played the blaring music of all bollywood beats. The party was upbeat, the air electrifying,Many dancing their way to each other, enjoying like they had never done before. But for his Troubled mind, it was nothing but Chaos.

Chaos. All around.

The laughter, loud music, laughing, whistling echoing in his ears, but not actually making any sense.

His eyes involuntarily searched for the one woman who ruled his dreams today, yesterday...since the day he had met her.

Looking around, he could see Tanvi and Tanmay laughing and enjoying their lives, huddled together. But he could not spot anywhere. Why did he care anyways.She meant nothing to him.