Episode 8

Wanda woke up on the floor next to the chair she fell asleep on , the towel was half covering her and half draped over the edge of the pool. She sighed , stumbling onto her feet and rubbing her eyes which probably just made them more itchy. She glanced at the clock on the wall , 'few' she thought to herself, realising she still had about an hour until work started. The breakfast bar was only a few minutes down the hall according to the small map of the facility on her phone and so she headed towards the cafe.

Agatha barley opened her eyes and turned to slam the snooze button on her alarm. 'UGH' she yelled as she desperately tried to stop the ringing. Eventually she got up and lobbed it out of the small crack in her window , it didn't make much noise when it hit the ground due to the cheap plastic. She didn't want to get up , she didn't want to work and she definitely didn't want to have an awkward conversation with Wanda. She only had a few minutes before she had to leave her Appartement so she slipped into the first outfit she found , grabbed a granola bar and quickly headed out the door.

They both walked in to the conference room , their eyes trying to avoid one another though the silence spoke volumes. Scott assigned each person a mission and , unluckily for them , Wanda and Agatha got paired up. As it was only the begging of the new avengers, they were only starting small and so the mission was to imprison some thieves who were planning to steal from a bank later that day. Long story short , It was a stakeout , meaning they would have to spend lots of time together.

Upon hearing the news , Wanda rolled her eyes ans grabbed the case file in Stephen's hand , he raised an eyebrow in confusion as she walked toward the van. Agatha swiftly followed , hoping she could at least attempt to explain herself. They clambered into the vehicle and shuffled around until clicking in their seat-belts and headed off to their secret spot, across the street from the bank. In order to not raise suspicion, they had been asked to dress in casual wear. This meant that they were both in jeans with a plain white t-shirt and hoodie.

Agatha decided to end the awkward silence that had been looming over them both for the last 15 minutes. 'Nothing really happened between me and Valkyrie' she blurted out without giving a second thought.
'That's not what she seemed to think' Wanda replied.
'We only kissed and it didn't mean anything' Agatha pleaded.
'Then why do it' Wanda asked.
'I don't know but I'm sorry' Agatha looked so vulnerable and scared at the thought of losing her.
'It's ok' she answered , she was willing to give Agatha a second chance.

'Soo' Wanda continued , 'what does this make us?'
'Girlfriends?' Agatha replied , hoping not to be let down.
Wanda's face lit up , some of her felt bad for moving on since the death of her husband but , she deserved to be happy again.
'Sounds great.'
Agatha rested her arm on Wanda's shoulder and placed her head in the crook of her arm.

By the time they knew it , the thieves turned up at the building , both in black ski masks covering most of their face. Wanda stepped out of the car and walked down the street towards them and quickly grabbed their arms and pulled them into the nearest ally. Agatha drove the van towards the street and joined Wanda with the two men , they both managed to trap them and bring them back to the base.

After the first day of work , Scott had invited everyone to a dinner party. Agatha and Wanda arrived together and took their seats. There was also someone new around the table , he had short brown hair with blue eyes , one looked damaged.
'We've got a bee member of the team' Stephen announced , 'most of you already know him'
The man stood up , 'hello , I mean most of you already know me but I'm Thor , I just got back from a trip around the universe and I wanted to take a break and ... help out on earth I guess.'

He took a seat and everyone ordered their food. The restaurant was very high tech and so the plates spun down on small roller-coaster type tracks.
After the meal , everyone walked back to their rooms , Agatha and Wanda walked side by side , clutching each others hands.
Thor invited them to his room to share drinks. They stayed there until after dark before clumsily stumbling to their room , almost falling over their own feet. They managed to get to their room and fling the door open , as soon as their heads hit the pillow they passed out and caved in to the darkness of the night.