Chapter 6

Getting out of the shower and looking at my reflection in the mirror. I got a shower cap on my head and my eyes were red and swollen from crying in the shower.

I close my eyes and memories of my parents appear in my mind.

NO DON'T!

I shake my head, rub my eyes and sniff.

I dry myself and get changed into a navy blue tank top and black joggers.

I head to the kitchen and get myself a packet of chips and soda.

I make my way to the living room and see Cindy is already sitting on the couch with her packet of chips and soda watching tv.

I join her and once I am settled a new episode of Paternity court begins and we get excited.

This show is just too messy and I am here for it.

The episode we are watching now is just crazy from the beginning.

Plaintiff had her first child at 14 and all her children are accepted by their father.

How many kids does she have?

I at the caption underneath she's 24!

She has twins and her seeking Paternity.

The Judge starts reading the suspected father/defendant's statement and when I heard he was 12 when he had his first kid. I put my hands on my face shaking my head.

We're near the end and Cindy and both holler when we hear he has 9 kids and she has 5.

"Are you kidding me? I'm 30 and have 0! Zilch! Nada!"

I reach for my soda when I hear a loud screech and revving sound.

Cindy and I look at each other and I put my packet of chips down and get up.

I make my way to the door and as soon as I opened it. The familiar Cadillac CTS-V pulls up into the driveway.

I get a hit of Deja Vu and frown but shake my head and smile as I remember whose the owner is.

The car stops and the engine cuts. The house across the street door's open and the owner comes to watch us suspiciously.

My brows furrow however the driver's door opens and the lovely Miss Keandra gets out posing like a model.

She did look like one. Dressed in a simple white tank top, blue denim jeans, and white All-Stars sneakers.

She wore her natural hair straight and it reaches just underneath her shoulder blades.

Cindy whistles behind me, "She's beautiful! Damn her man is some lucky son of a bitch."

Keandrea has very good hearing and says in her heavy Texas accent.

"His mother is a bitch and so is his sister."

Hearing her tone Home girl is mad. I sneak a peek at her ring finger but see she's not wearing her ring.

Oh no! Not Trouble in paradise.

Cindy and I walk toward Keandrea and she opens her arms once I reach her we hug and scream.

Once we're done I introduce her to Cindy.

"Keandra Cindy, Cindy Keandrea."

Cindy wasn't sure if she should give her hand or what but Keandra pulled her in for a hug and we laughed.

I saw movement from the corner of my and rolled my eyes when I saw the neighbor from earlier was watching us with a phone in her hand.

The other two noticed my silence and looked in the same direction that I was and I heard them both sigh heavily.