Chapter 15

Sitting on my bed. Staring at my laptop screen. The familiar Google page infront of me. I sigh and start typing Abilene Elkins and click search.

Ok not helpful at all!

There is only the newspaper article of her disappearance and her missing persons poster.

Realising that there was not much information about her. Scrolling down I found Briceson's own newspaper article and missing person's poster.

After I'm done reading their posters. I take of a few details.

● Abilene was last seen on June 5.

● She was wearing a blue Velour Tracksuit and white sneakers. If that doesn't scream early 2000's then I don't know what does.

● Briceson was last seen July 12.

● He was wearing a red hoodie, dark blue jeans and white sneakers.

From what I know Abilene and Briceson and their families all lived in the town's trailer park.

Both families still live in town but I think the Hunters moved to a house nearby Leshawn.

I'm trying to think of who their siblings are and if I was in school with any of them. I shake my head I'll have to found that out.

One thing though they both went missing the same year my parents were killed.

I decide to call it a night and shutdown my laptop and go to sleep.

~~~~~~
Two weeks later

Jonecia, Leshawn and I are at the venue for Sue Ellen's Gender reveal and Baby shower.

They decided to have it indoors as the weather has been becoming chillier with the nearing of winter.

We entered the foyer and were met with a huge welcome sign. The main color themes were baby blue and baby pink.

I decided to wear a baby blue with pink flowers maxi dress and a blue denim jacket. My hair was straightened and I had a touch of make-up on.

I looked awkwardly because I knew I would be in the company of people I don't want to be around with.

They're gonna ask about things I don't wanna talk about.

I sigh and put on my fake smile.

We are met by a hostess who introduces herself and asks for our names she showed us where we were seated and ushered us inside.

Once we entered the hall my eyes widened.

Damn no expense was spared.

Round tables were clothed with blue and pink table clothes. Each table had a centerpiece that was decorated with baby rattles, bottles, teddy bears, storks and baby crawler.

Blue and pink ballons. Let me rather say blue and pink decorations everywhere.

I looked at Leshawn and we had the same look on our faces.

This is too much!

However we became those people and started taking photos.

The Hostess ushered us to the gift table and we placed our gifts on the table and made our way to the expecting couple.

Sue Ellen was glowing and happily smiling at us.

We hugged and complimented each others looks. We walked past the snack table and got ourselves a few snacks.

There were two cocktails/mocktails. Blue and pink. Blue being a blueberry flavoured drink and the pink grapefruit.

I looked at the next table it was a buffet table nice.