nami and luffy.

**I do not own any of the characters from One Piece. Enjoy the story!!**

*Luffy's POV*
Hammock sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. "We talked about this, Luffy. I told you that you couldn't go talking to that woman."

"You said I could invite Nami to our wedding!" I yelled, "You can't get mad at me! You agreed to let me go visit her and invite her."

Hammock shook her head and stood up from the couch. "Dammit, Luffy! You could've just texted her!"

This stupid woman. "You said I could go see her! I took no longer than an hour, dammit! Cut me some slack."

"You understand if my father finds out about this-"

"Does it look like I give a damn about what your 'father' has to say about this?!" I interrupted, "I had to clarify what was going on, alright?! If your father ruins my life, well shit, that sucks. But I cannot just go on like this with Nami, because I can't lose the friendship I have with her! Being with you isn't what I want, okay? I'm being forced to do this ridiculous shit. Don't expect me to treat you like my little princess, got it?!"

Hammock stepped back for a second, startled. Her dark eyes were filled with sadness, and even a bit of fear. She then looked at the ground, her black, silky hair covering her face. "I understand," she mumbled. Well, I can assume that now she's going to go crying to her father about how I don't love her and how I went to speak to the woman he told me specifically not to speak to.

"I didn't mean to snap like that," I sighed, "But... can you please stay quiet? Don't speak to your dad about this, alright? I can't have Nami's life be ruined because of me. Okay?" Slowly, I grabbed Hammock's hands and squeezed them tightly. 

Hammock titled her head up slightly and nodded her head. "Okay," she mumbled. There had been a little tear that slowly fell from Hammock's eye that fell onto the back of my hand. 

I pulled Hammock close to me and hugged her. "Sorry, Hammock. Please, don't cry."

Hammock sniffled and then pulled away, wiping the tears off of her cheeks. "Okay," she sniffled. She slowly started walking towards the front door, then looked behind her shoulder and said, "It's Hancock. H-A-N-C-O-C-K. Not Hammock, Luffy."

"Shishishi, sorry!" I laughed, hopefully lighting the mood a little. But, that didn't work, since Hamm-I mean, Hancock just left the house without another word. Sorry, Hancock, but, there's someone else I love, I just can't necessarily tell you that.

*Nami's POV*
Oliver had so much hope in his eyes as he said those words; "Will you marry me?" 

There was a long pause before I said anything. There was a huge lump in my throat, keeping me from speaking. But then, I got down on my knees and closed the box with the ring in it that had been in Oliver's hands. He looked at me with surprise and confusion. "Oliver..." I mumbled, "I... I can't." Sighing, I stood back up and took a deep breath. "You've been great to me all of these years but... something just isn't right here. Lately, I've been questioning the things I feel for you and I think that maybe... maybe I don't love you." Damn, didn't come out the way I wanted it to. But I continued anyway. "I think that maybe there's someone else out there for you. I'm not... going to marry someone I don't love. Listen, I'm so sorry, and I want to thank you for everything you've done these past couple of years but I can't say yes."

Oliver sighed and stood back up. His green, watery eyes met mine. "It's because of him, isn't it?" he asked.

"What?" I exclaimed.

"Luffy. You love him. It's never been me. You've never loved me. Why hadn't I thought of that?! every time I've said I loved you, you haven't once said it back. You've been stuck on him this whole time... I'm sorry I haven't realized that."