Chapter four - For enjoyment

"Do as I say, not as I do." Marinette is trying to let her parents allow her to start fencing, archery, or any other combat training. She has noticed that even though she has a different sense of things as Ladybug, she could still improve. Cat noir always says she's the stronger half of their team but he's the more experienced in combat. She could train with Chat but he says he's really busy and has a hard time even getting away during an Akuma attack. One time, she had to fight an Akuma all alone for three hours until he showed up.

They had been partners for about a month now and all had been going well. Of course, they do not know each other's identity, and no one else knows what it is she does when running away from the villains. Her best friend, Alya, has started a newspaper; the Lady paper and has given them away for free. She started just at school but now people read it all over the capital, if not the country. She doesn't get much publicity since no one except a few people knows who she is, but of course, she can not keep it a secret to her best friends. Ladybug and Cat Noir have also noticed she's always there during and after fights, and one or two interviews have been given.

"What's that?" Alya asked, Marinette had really weird motivation quotes sometimes. She says she has read them in books but Alya's pretty sure someone says that in the Bible...

"Well, let's go, Alya! There's no day like today. Carpe diem."

"Ugh, Marinette just go!" They were standing in her room and so Alya pushed her friend down the stairs and she went into the bakery.

"Mother! Father!" The two of them were standing around, Sabrina putting the bread upon plates while Tom welcomed a customer. The man who entered was wearing a cloak and looked around, so Marinette didn't pay much attention to him. "I would like to compete. I mean- combat- in like, uh... Fencing? Or even better- ARCHERY!"

Marinette is a stuttering mess and even screamed the last part. She didn't notice but the man in the cloak was interested in what the parents' answer would be. Tom sighed "Mari, our dearest darling. Is it not your dream to become a designer? Not a knight. Why do you need defending when we have our own Ladybug and Cat Noir?"

"That's exactly why I need it." She mumbled under their breath but it nearly came out of her mouth. "I- just, what if they one day disappear, or they're not fast enough? What if someone tries to rape-"

"Honey, is it that you are scared for? You need not, we will protect you." Her mother really does not understand.

"Then... What about for... Enjoyment? We got to try archery in school once and it was so cool! And relieving. I saw that the castle has a few open spots and you could get a scholarship for three days a week if you are good enough. I believe, if I find someone who could get me to the castle, I could get into the program!"

Her parents seemed hesitant. They did want the best for their daughter and this could be the way to get into the right crowd. Nobody would know who she really is if she wore one of her fabulous outfits."We... Could let you go. After all, it's your life, but you will have to get someone to take you to the castle."

She could burst with happiness right now! Her parents are letting her go! Of course, they thought she would never be allowed in, where could she learn how to fence, use a bow and arrow, and combat? She must be out of her mind. - She isn't, by the way, she is very smart to think this way. But... Who could she get to take her to the castle? Nino? No, he's a guard on a strict schedule and the prince would probably not allow that.

"I could help you." The man under the cloak, (I'll tell you a secret: he's someone we all know and love), could see the girl wondering who could take her to the castle when he spoke up. Marinette looked at him in confusion and thought she recognized him. "I know the way and could even get you into the castle." He took off the hood he was wearing and she gasped in shock. It was Chaton- who she had realized was the prince. Of course, she couldn't know if he really is the prince but she could probably trust him enough to take her where she wanted to go.