Chapter 4: Protect Him

"What did he do, Virgil?" Roman asked, coming over with the others, a hand gripping his sword.
"N-nothing! Nothing..." Virgil managed to breathe. "I mean... He keeps appearing in videos and... He can be mean but..."
"Then how did those bruises happen, kiddo?" Patton asked, clearly not believing him.
"I fell..." Virgil mumbled, wiping his own eyes. Logan took his hand - more gentle than Virgil would have expected - holding it up and pulling down his sleeve to reveal the bruised handprint on his wrist.
"What are these marks, Virgil?" Logan asked carefully, his usual force not present.
"I... I got anxious, about Deceit... I had an attack and... I gripped too hard on my own arm. I passed out and fell and hit my head." Virgil answered. He didn't know why he had decided to lie, mostly due to the fact he didn't want Deceit to hurt the others. He was fine and he could fight Deceit if need be, as long as the others were fine.
Patton hugged him. "Thank you for telling us, Virgil." The father figures voice was soft and understanding.
"Perhaps we should have a word with Deceit, and tell him to 'back off' a little." Logan suggested.
"No! No... Please, he won't listen." Virgil answered. "Trust me. I know him a lot better than you guys do..."
"But... Kiddo-" Patton began trying to argue but Virgil put his hand up.
"I appreciate it. I honestly do but... The best thing to do when it comes to... HIM. Is to ignore him as best we can." The anxious side gave a sad smile and the others nodded.
"If he does make you anxious again or ever comes near you with I'll intentions, tell me and I shall smite him!" Roman called, pulling his sword out of his sheath.
"Woah! Roman put that thing away!" Virgil almost yelled and the prince put his sword away, chuckling.
"Relax, V. But seriously if he does anything, tell us. We can help you." The prince gave a kind smile and Virgil smirked back.
"Ok Princey. I will."
Soon after much talking and hanging out in the commons, Virgil was allowed to retreat back to his room, despite not really feeling up to being along in his room.
He closed the door behind him but didn't lock it, planning on having a nice warm bath. Of course, with his clothes on. What? He felt comfortable with his clothes on.
"Good boy." The voice made him shiver and he turned once again, glaring at the snake faced side. "I would have hated to have had to punish you for telling them what happened. After all, it WAS an accident."
"Yeah right." Virgil answered. "Can't you just leave me alone? I'm really not in the mood."
"Oh, Virgil~ relax! I'm not going to do anything to hurt you." He moved closer, his gloved hand softly moving down the others face, observing the bruises.
"D-dont touch me..." Virgil mumbled, wanting so much to take a step back, but scared of what would happen after. He was still feeling sluggish from before and Deceit - after prolonged exposure - seemed to have an affect on him he didn't like. Like his mind was clouded and foggy and his thoughts were tangled but nonexistent at the same time. Like he was floating but also sinking and he knew how much trouble he could be in as Deceit's touch made his whole body shiver.
Deceit smirked and moved closer. "I'm sorry, you know that. I didn't want to hurt you~" the other spoke softly, though his voice dripped with venom. "Why couldn't you just listen for once? I just wanted to talk. I've missed you the others... They don't care about you-"
Virgil didn't realise he was been walking backwards until his back hit the wall, Deceit still in front of him, his hand had now moved down to rest on his neck, his thumb slowly rubbing against his cheek.
"They... They don't know you like I do. Like the rest of us do... I needed you then and... I still need you, I'm so happy I have you again." Deceit's voice was soft but still held that manipulative venom, his smirk remaining on his face and his yellow eye drilling into the younger sides brain, somewhat mesmerising. He didn't miss this at all... "I'm so glad... Virgil~"
And just like that Deceit was so close. His lips just a millisecond away. And then they were on him, and Virgil wanted so badly to resist, not giving the other anything back and hoping it would all be over soon. Deceit moved from his mouth to his neck, holding the others chin up with his hand to gain better access.
Virgil stared at his star scape covered ceiling, closing his eyes and letting the silent tears fall.