Chapter 4

(That picture, drawn by me, is what our reader's lovely stand looks like~!)

Title: It's not anger, but I can't label it by any other name.

-

"Ah...how is it this late already?" A woman whimpered, pressing herself closer to her partner before raising her voice. "We should really hurry home."

"What? But it's so early. Let's go somewhere and have fun!" He replied, all while adjusting his scarf and flashing a smile. One she found no comfort in.

"But...what about the man in the papers?"

"The man in the papers...who's that?"

"Jack the Ripper! Do you really not know? They say he only targets women with something like a surgical scalpel...I even heard he hangs their intestines up on a wall! It's terrifying." She gasped, trying to ignore how badly her hands were shaking.

"Terrifying? How so?" She looked over at her partner, who flashed her a warm grin and drew a knife. "Don't be silly! After all, you've been talking with him for hours now."

She gasped and staggered back, feeling her skin ‌get damp with sweat.

"What a depraved woman out so late at night."

So with a swing of the silver blade, the sinner ripped her throat open and heaven wept.

-

But no matter what, I must go on. For this is never finished. Even when I open my eyes to the world, I can't tell what is real. So can you come lay with me? I don't know why I carry such loneliness. I was never like this when I was young. What changed me? I feel like my heart was bent and broken. I don't know what happened. I just know I'm not the same.

-

A wet twisting sound echoed as the killer plunged his dagger along the line of her collarbone, only to jolt back at the sound of laughter. . Whipping his head around, the serial killer spotted a man being pushed forward in a chair of some sorts. The blond was lounging like a king dressed in fine cloth and jewelry, yet the smirk he sent his way made the killer tense. He knew that look.

"What a pathetic creature you make. Most men shackle themselves to petty morality." Dio murmured, eyes narrowing as he regarded the bloodied killer. Distasteful. This was a man M/n would scoff at, or simply get rid of, if the male wanted to dirty his hands. Still, even the most worthless of men could be made into tools with the right push.

"Huh?" The male jolted, pointing the knife towards him and his servant. An action that made the vampire raise an eyebrow.

"They fear the consequences of their evil. But some are unfettered by man's laws in all their tyranny. They are the vanguard. Become my servant, Jack the Ripper. What better than someone so weak? So pitiful? Easily controlled, yet extremely loyal all the same."

"Me serve you? Don't make me laugh!" The killer scoffed, not quite understanding what the rich man was even trying to do. As if he would work for anyone, let alone be a servant. No, this man needed to die.

With a hum, he pulled himself out of the chair, only touching his chest with the slightest of winces. An action that doesn't go unnoticed, but all his composure shattered with a flicker of red from the blond's eyes. He swayed.

"You've no further need for free will. Don't you see?" Dio watched the man ‌break through his thrall with open interest. "How impressive. Maybe it was easier because of my condition? A few of my wounds still haven't healed, though devouring a life or two would be too much. Don't you agree with me? Now that I think about it...in that last moment, if that pillar hadn't broken the statue, I was impaled on...what would have happened? I mean, I escaped those flames...but I'll still need access to humans for blood. I'll need a steady supply for when I convince M/n to finally accept life everlasting. So far, I've found the lifeblood of the young is far better. It would be easy for a man like you to collect young women for me each night."