Chapter 7

(Big note for all of Battle Tendency; I don't write the Pillar Men as having any sort of familiar connection. Kars and Esidisi didn't raise Wamuu and Santana in this story and they'll be given different backstories simply because I don't like that connection and it doesn't really make sense for their characters. The pic is a drawing I made of my personal design of the reader experiencing some emotion, probably when snarling at Jonathan for confessing...or when he snapped at his grave. Also, since I didn't mention it in the interval, Narcissistic Cannibal uses it/its, he/him, and them/they pronouns which shift constantly.)

Title: The chaos of warm things.

-

There are things we should learn from the stars above:

1. You will end up burning. But this pyre, formed of you and your soul, will end up lighting an entire galaxy. Is it destruction if it's creation as well?

2. Collapse unto yourself. It doesn't matter. Yesterday is already light years away. It's cold can't touch you now. Tomorrow is when you shine.

3. The explosion will shatter all of your bones. No one will hear a sound. It's alright, stars die quietly, but they get up every single time.

4. Like stars, remember to burn brighter after you rise.

5. Always rise.

6. The universe is both a dark and vast place, but there's always light. Find it. If you can't find it, then be that light.

7. Make sure that the entire universe knows just how beautiful you are when you decide to survive.

-

"Master, Master, Master, we got some letters!" The stand entered the bedroom through the open balcony, a single flick of the tongue telling him that his master was in his nest, pressed against the corner of the room. Laying on the floor next to him, Narcissistic Cannibal poked the god with the end of his tail. A hiss was the only reply he received. "Come on! Get up! I want to know what the letters say! None of these are brail...you know I'm blind."

"We can do that later..."

"The mailman said it was from that blond guy. Come on, I bet you want to hear something about how he's doing. Don't you want to know what he sent you?" Leaning down, it swiped its tongue over the male's cheek, earning a half asleep groan from the god. A hand awkwardly reached out, weakly attempting to push his muzzle away, which only earned a laugh from the stand.

(Let me read it. IF NO ONE'S READING IT THEN BURN IT! ARSON! ARSON! FIRE! DEATH! DESTRUCTION! NO! CALM DOWN! Narcissistic Cannibal, would you be a dear and please open both the letter and your frill? Yeah, let someone read it while he gets some rest!)

The stand did just that. The moment his frill opened, the voices went from something that only he and his master could hear to echoing throughout the room, though that only earned yet another series of complaints from the god. Tearing the envelope with a claw, it used to be far easier when he was only a few feet larger than his master. The stand carefully lifted the letter to face the frill. He knew, despite being blind, that black humanoid shadows would start appearing on the red nebula underside as the souls inside moved to get a proper glimpse of the world.

"It says;

'Dear M/n,

I'm sorry to inform you I won't be able to continue sending my monthly letters at this rate. Don't worry, both myself and Erina are still in perfect health, the same goes for Joseph. This incident actually revolves around my work instead of a personal matter. Oh, I can imagine your expression right now. The company isn't going under or anything of the sort. I just got a lead on something I've been looking into for a while now. Well, something that we've all been looking into. Thank you for the lovely words in your last letter. You really should think about publishing a book of your poems at some point. You have a way with words. I wish you, and the many animals you own, all the best. I'll send you a letter explaining what I found the moment I have confirmation on the subject.