𝐢. 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞

( 𝘨𝘪𝘧: 𝘬𝘢𝘻 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘻𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘦 )

𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐋𝐈𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐄

𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒐 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒂𝒔 : 𝒆𝒑𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒅𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒆 - 𝒂 𝒔𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒃𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

𝐀𝐙𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐒 never thought she'd return to Ketterdam. 

Yet there she stood. It somehow looked the exact same as it did nine years back. The damp cobbled streets were busy with chatter as Azure remained stood in the middle of it, staring. Irritated mutterings passed by, as some merchants glared at her for blocking their way. The sky was still that same cold grey that plagued her dreams for as long as she could remember. Her mouth even tasted like fish, as the strong smell of the harbour flooded her senses. Fear suddenly gripped the pale girl, and she was scared that if she looked at her reflection, she would see a nine-year-old version of herself. 

It was the distant cawing of crows that snapped Azure out of her gaze. Shaking her black curls behind her shoulders, she continued down the path, keeping her head down. A subtle paranoia pushed her to walk quickly without gazing into any faces. She didn't want to be recognised. That's what Azure told herself. 

In reality, Azure feared seeing anyone she herself recognised. Specifically, Kaz Rietveld. 

"Hurry up, Azure! We haven't got all day, woman." a voice barked. Azure's lip curled in anger, and she clenched her fists by her side. Looking up, she plastered a very unconvincing smile on her face. Whether her father saw behind the fake politeness, he didn't comment upon it. 

Picking up her pace, Azure reached Daryl Graves. A few white hairs streaked his dark curls, and a wicked smile pulled his lips. So many confused that look for a heartwarming one. So many underestimated the pure evil that resided inside of Azure's father. Knowing that she was related to him made Azure squirm with self-loathing.