𝐯. 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞

( 𝘨𝘪𝘧: 𝘬𝘢𝘻 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘻𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘯 𝘢 𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘴𝘵 )

𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄

𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒐 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒂𝒔 : 𝒆𝒑𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒅𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓 - 𝒐𝒕𝒌𝒂𝒛𝒂𝒕'𝒔𝒚𝒂

𝐀𝐙𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐒 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐒 woke up with a start.

Sweat plastered her forehead as her cerulean eyes peeled themselves open. A gasp escaped her lips as she awoke from her nightmares. Or had it been a nightmare? Entering the Fold, being attacked by volcra . . . it all felt a bit too real to be a nightmare.

"She's awake!" as Azure pushed herself up, a dull throbbing ached in her head as she rubbed her eyes tiredly. Despite just waking up, the tense of her shoulders told her that she had gotten no rest. In front of her, Inej offered her a glass of water. "Here, drink up."

Muttering a soft thanks, Azure brought the glass to her lips. Downing the liquid quickly, the water's cold grip refreshed her, waking her up. Once she finished, she handed the cup back to Inej, and attempted to stand up. 

"Where am I?"

"Heaven." a voice added sarcastically. As Azure leaned on Inej, her eyes met Kaz, who watched her from the other side of the room. He stood in the doorway, his arms crossed over his chest. His face remained unreadable, causing Azure to raise an eyebrow at him.

"Wouldn't have expected to see you here." 

Jesper laughed, earning a glare from Kaz as he tried to mask it as a cough. Azure looked away, slightly rubbing her head. Kaz continued to stare down. It had brought him a different kind of emotion to see her laying there, motionless. So pale, with dark circles under her eyes. So still. If he hadn't already made Inej check her pulse, Kaz would've had thought Azure was dead. Relief came to him once she woke up.

"What exactly happened?" 

"Made it through the Fold successfully." Kaz replied, leaning on his cane to take a few steps into the room. "You're the reason why we made it out alive."