Eleven

Mono tried to get to know the other kids since they all seemed so nice. Six wasn't exactly trying, but at least she was talking to them. Eventually, when a few hours had passed, most of the kids were napping. Even Six was taking advantage of the cozy fire and getting some rest. Mono, however, was wide awake, wanting to keep watch for the others as a good first impression. And not to mention, RK was keeping him company.
Although they weren't talking, he noticed every so often out of the corner of his eye that the kid was staring at him. And every time he tried to catch him in the act, he shriveled up and averted his gaze. But this time around, when he looked at RK, the boy continued peering at him from underneath his low-hanging fringe. "Um, is something wrong? You can talk to me, you know... I'm not scary at all." He inquired invitingly, remaining relaxed since he didn't think RK had bad intentions; he was probably just curious about him.

     "You have strange eyes, and skin. You're the unhealthy kind of pale." The kid spoke up, which shocked Mono completely. He hadn't said a word to anyone until now, and he was so astonished that he didn't know how to react to his words.

     "I guess...you could say that I'm cursed. But I'm happy, so it's okay." Mono replied with a gentle smile, and for some reason, RK looked away for a moment. Maybe he had triggered him in some way? "Am I really that pale?" He tried to get RK's attention again, and he was pleasantly surprised when the boy moved closer to him and put their hands together to compare their skintones.

     "Like a ghost kid." RK remarked sheepishly. He gave Mono a weird vibe, but maybe it was just him being socially awkward like Six. Regardless, it was kind of charming.

     They looked at one another quietly for a few seconds, and eventually RK smiled back at Mono, which made him feel much more welcome. However, the moment was ruined almost as quickly as it came. Thick, slimy, black eel-like creatures in a pack came slithering into the room from a hole in the wall. They went for the closest target, which just so happened to be the bandaged kid, and in an instant, she was struggling to breathe, squirming to get them off of her body. The others all woke up in an instant upon hearing her muffled screams.
     Mono didn't know what came over him, but before he knew it he was using his powers to blow the leeches off of her. While she tried to recover, he finished them all off by crushing them. Every time he used his powers with such focus, his body gave off a static, glitched effect, and now, it was no different. Six was staring at him with wide eyes, frozen in place on the ground. She wasn't alone in having this reaction. While the boy in orange and girl in green tended to the bandaged girl's few wounds, the other three kids also looked at him without saying a word.
     He was happy he was able to help the girl in time, and started to ask if she was okay, but before he knew it, he had blacked out and fallen. Thankfully Six caught him and held him.

     When he came to moments later, he was immediately overcome with emotion because Six's expression was so distraught. "Mono...are you okay? Your nose is bleeding again." She held him securely, one hand under his head and the other under his back for support.

     Blinking away the distortion in his vision, Mono tried to sit up, but failed miserably. "I'm okay, Six. Is the girl...?" He couldn't even finish his question, but there was no need. Six shook her head, not at his words, but moreso to dismiss his talking since he appeared to be in so much pain.

     "She's fine, thanks to you." Six sighed in relief and brushed her thumb over Mono's cheek, the scratch from back in the Pale City. He reached up to grab her wrist and smiled warmly, causing her to blush like always. "God, you're so stupid. You seriously scared me." She pouted.
     He finally managed to do as much as lift up with her help, but ended up having to lean on her afterwards anyway. Even if he was in pain, seeing Six act so...Six...gave him butterflies.