Hawk

"i just don't know moon. what if he doesn't even like me?" you asked your friend as the two of you set up for the party that she was having. moon gave you a weird look, "why wouldn't he like you?" she asked. you scoffed at her words, because how could she be so blind? "i'm in miyagi-do moon! he's in cobra kai! this could never work!" you exclaim, slamming the red cups down on the table. "it totally can! you guys will be like romeo and juliet, except without the suicide part," moon said and you couldn't help but laugh at the carefree girl. "yeah i guess," you mumbled, organizing the cups into neat piles. "you really should tell him y/n," moon said softly, her hand resting on your shoulder.

you sighed, if only it were that easy. obviously it's hard to confess your feelings to any boy, but this was different. you would be confessing your feelings to hawk, a member of your dojo's rival dojo. but there was more to it.

your crush on hawk started before he was hawk, way back when he still went by eli. you thought that his sweaters were cute and his sweetheart personality only strengthened your feelings. your crush on eli had all sprouted when the two of you were partnered up for a project in history. the two of you spent so much time together because of the project that you got to know one another really well. once the project was finished you found yourself crushing even harder on the sweet sweater wearing boy. it just so happened that the end of the project coincided with the end of the eli era. now you found yourself attracted to him because of his bad boy attitude and newfound confidence.   

even though your dojos weren't exactly on a friendly basis, you still found yourself crushing on hawk. your feelings were only getting stronger, and you knew that eventually you'd have to come clean. you just weren't sure if you could. you always got butterflies in your stomach when he looked at you, even when he was trying to beat you up at the mall food court. not to mention that you could barely speak a word to him without blushing and stuttering. you could feel the nerves building up just thinking about interacting with him.

"come on! people are going to start arriving soon!" moon said, grabbing your hand and pulling you inside her house. you giggled at her actions, but followed her nonetheless.

by now the party was in full swing. you were standing in the living room, talking to demetri when you noticed hawk sitting on the couch, looking at moon and her girlfriend piper. demetri followed your eyes before looking back at you. "i'm going to go talk to him," he announced, walking up to the couch. "demetri i don't-" you started to say, but it was too late because he was already sitting down next to hawk. you watched their interaction from the sidelines, ready to have demetri's back if anything went down. however, things seemed to be going fine between the former friends. until hawk poured his drink onto demetri.

"still a pussy," he said, throwing the cup at him. that was so hot, you thought. you quickly pushed those thoughts aside. "and you're still an asshole!" you shouted, causing everyone to look your way. why did i say that?, you screamed internally. "what'd you say princess?" hawk asked, walking over to you. "i said you're still an asshole," you repeated, trying to be confident, but the stutter in your voice gave it away. hawk smirked at you, stepping closer to you. "and what are you going to do about it princess?" he asked, and you couldn't help the blush that rose on your cheeks from his use of the pet name and the lack of space between you. you opened your mouth to say something but no words came out. "that's what i thought," hawk answered, walking away from you.

you huffed at his words, following him out of the living room and into the kitchen. hawk was standing at the counter, making himself a drink. you stood next to him, reaching for the jug of lemonade to pour into your cup. "what'd you come to finally do something about me being an asshole?" he asked, cocking an eyebrow at you. "no, i just wanted a drink," you stuttered, looking around at the different alcohol options that moon had. "go with vodka," he said, grabbing the bottle. "vodka lemonade smacks," he continued, pouring some into your cup. "thanks," you mumbled, smiling at him. hawk smiled back, gesturing for you to take a sip. you did, and your face immediately scrunched up at the taste.

hawk laughed at your facial expression. "i'm glad that my suffering is amusing to you," you said, putting the red cup down. "i need water," you mumbled, searching for a bottle. "oh come on princess, i barely put any vodka in there," hawk teased. you scoffed at his words. "yeah okay," you said, taking a sip from the water bottle you found. hawk chuckled at you. "stop laughing at me," you whined, shoving him lightly. the laughter soon died down between the two of you, and you were left staring at each other.

now's your chance. "listen hawk i have something i've been meaning to tell you," you whispered, looking down at your shoes. hawk's eyebrows furrowed at your words. "okay," he said, but it sounded more like a question. you took a deep breath before meeting his eyes. "i like you hawk, alot, and i was wondering if you'd want to go out with me?" you confessed. hawk stood there silently. he was about to say something when he noticed his cobra kai friends walking into the kitchen. suddenly he scoffed at your words and you looked over your shoulder, understanding settling in. "actually, forget i said anything. i'm just gonna go now," you mumbled, and hawk didn't try to stop you from leaving.

you were sitting on the steps out front of moon's house, trying to keep your tears at bay. "i shouldn't have said anything. obviously he wouldn't want to be seen with a miyagi-do," you mumbled, putting your head in your hands. "is that really what you think?" hawk asked from behind you, and you tensed at the sound of his voice. "that's what happened right?" you asked, looking over your shoulder at him. hawk sighed, sitting down next to you. "look y/n the cobra kais were there and i couldn't, i mean what was i even supposed to do?" hawk said unsurely. "it's okay, hawk, i get it. you can't be seen with a miyagi-dork right?" you said, looking at him.

"no that's not it at all! i mean yes that's part of it, but that's the least of my worries right now," he replied, looking at you. "what?" you asked, confusion clear in your voice. "you're too good for me y/n, way too good for me. i'm a horrible person. i trashed your dojo, shit i beat demetri up over a fucking yelp review, yet you still want to go out with me, after everything i've done. i don't deserve someone like you, okay? and you don't deserve to date someone like me," hawk explained. it was silent between the two of you after his confession. "trust me, it's better this way," hawk sighed, getting up to leave.

"i love you!" you shouted, standing up on the steps, turning to face his retreating figure which stopped at your words. "i've loved you since we worked on that history project together. before you flipped the script and were known as hawk. i loved you when you were eli, and i still love you now. my feelings for you aren't going to change, no matter what happens. no matter what you do or what everybody says, i'm always going to be stuck loving you!" you shouted, looking into his eyes. hawk stared at you, walking towards you. "you don't mean that," he whispered. "but i do," you whispered, reaching up to cup his cheeks, and hawk leaned into your touch.

the two of you stood there in silence for what felt like the one hundredth time tonight. hawk slowly started leaning in, and you found yourself meeting him halfway. the second your lips touched, you felt fireworks explode in your stomach. the kiss was slow, and you knew that this was hawk's way of telling you that he felt the same way about you. when it became difficult to breathe the two of you pulled apart, foreheads touching. "i love you too y/n. i've loved you since i was eli, and that's never going to change for me either," he breathed out, pulling you closer to him. "and i want to give us a try," he whispered, your hands falling to the base of his neck. "let's give us a try," you agreed, as hawk placed a gentle kiss on your cheek, bright smiles taking over your faces.

"hey y/n i'm going to take off -" demetri began, but he abruptly stopped when he saw how close you and hawk were. your eyes widened as you realized that you and hawk had been caught by demetri. "demetri listen," you started to explain, moving out of hawk's embrace. "no y/n! what the actual fuck? are you seriously making out with hawk right now?" demetri shouted, causing other people's heads to turn. "i-" you started nervously, but you were once again interrupted, only this time it was by sam.

"what's going on?" sam asked, walking up to the three of you. "y/n's been making out with hawk," demetri said, pointing at you accusingly. sam looked at you, betrayal written all over her face. "sam listen-" you started to try and explain yourself again. "there's nothing you can say y/n. you did what you did, and you're gonna have to deal with the consequences. don't bother coming back to miyagi-do," she warned, giving you one last glare before walking away with demetri. you stood there in shock, did you really just get kicked out of your dojo for kissing the boy you've had a crush on since forever?