Hawk

"hey y/n, i'm out of the shower," your boyfriend, hawk, said as he walked into his room where you were currently sitting on his bed reading. "mhm," you mumbled, flipping to the next page of your book, fully absorbed in the story. you were reading the outsiders, and you were just getting to the good parts. at first hawk didn't think anything of it. he was used to you ignoring him while you were reading. typically you would finish the chapter you were reading and then the two of you would spend time together, but that hasn't happened yet today.

"so i was thinking we could watch a movie? i'll let you pick this time," he said, towel drying his hair. you didn't answer, eyes focused on the page in front of you. hawk looked at you, eyebrows furrowed slightly at your lack of attention for him. he sighed, before lying down on his bed next to you. "can you please put your book down?" he asked, resting his head on his arms, hair falling in his face. again you ignored your boyfriend, flipping to the next page. hawk let out an irritated breath, but he kept his intense stare on you, knowing that eventually you'd crack, except you didn't.

normally he didn't mind sitting with you while you read, but you had been reading all day and he just wanted your attention. usually you would read aloud to him, or cuddle with him, but there was none of that today. instead you were sitting criss-cross applesauce on his bed, wearing one of his old sweaters as you read in silence. occasionally you would mumble a line or two aloud, but then you would stop and the silence would take over. hawk sighed loudly (again), hoping to get your attention, but nope, nothing.

your left hand suddenly dropped onto the bed from holding the book cover. hawk took this opportunity to intertwine your fingers, his thumb gently rubbing over the back of your hand. the feeling of your boyfriend's hand in yours, and the gentle circling of his thumb briefly pulled you away from your book. your eyes looked up from the page to meet his. "what?" you asked. "can we cuddle? please?" he mumbled, giving you his best pair of puppy dog eyes. "now?" you asked, raising your eyebrow at him. hawk gaped at your words, "yes, now! you've been ignoring me all day!" "i have not!" you exclaimed. "just let me finish this chapter and then i'll be all yours" you added on, looking back at your book.

"you said that the last time," he groaned, but it was too late because you were already absorbed in your reading. "hmph!" hawk mumbled, pulling his hand away from yours and turning away from you. you didn't seem to notice though as you whispered, "you can see the sunset real good on the east side too," in a trembling voice. you sniffled, but continued on with your reading, never once looking back at your boyfriend. by now hawk was getting frustrated because all his efforts to get your attention were going to waste. so he sat up, looking over your shoulder at the book to see where you were. "you finished the chapter," he pointed out. "yeah and i want to read the next one," you said, looking over your shoulder at him.

he rolled his eyes at you before lying back down, his back facing you. you frowned at his actions, closing the book while your finger kept your place. "hawk?" you questioned, gently tapping his shoulder, but hawk ignored you. "baby?" you asked, louder this time. "what's wrong?" you continued, causing a triumphant smirk to appear on his lips. "you don't love me anymore," he mumbled, stuffing his face into one of his pillows.

"what?" you asked, completely appalled. "of course i love you!" you defended. "no you don't. you love ponyboy and dally more than me," he answered, voice muffled from the pillow. you frowned at his words, throwing your book to the side, and it just so happened to fall to the ground. hawk heard the subtle thump and smiled at the progress he was making. "baby i love you," you whispered, placing a kiss on his exposed shoulder. hawk turned over onto his back, a cheeky smile on his face. "i know! i love you too!" he yelled loudly, wrapping his arms around you, pulling you down onto his chest.

you shrieked at the unexpected movement, slapping his chest. "why did you do that?" you asked. "because! you weren't giving me cuddles!" he answered, pulling you back into his chest while you laughed at his antics. "i'm sorry baby, i just got caught up in my reading," you answered. hawk kissed your cheek. "yeah well you aren't going to be reading that book anymore today," he replied, holding you tightly. it was quiet for a minute, before you pushed yourself up so that you were hovering over him.

"i'm sorry that i ignored you," you apologized, following your apology by placing kisses all over his face. hawk's hands grabbed your face, gently pulling you into a sweet kiss. "apology accepted!" he announced once the two of you broke apart. and so the rest of the day was spent watching movies with the two of you cuddled up on hawk's bed and your book long forgotten.