Everything - Part 2

WARNING: Contains strong language, possible triggers: mention of bullying and verbal fights.

• • •

Jonathan's POV

As I ride my bike to Jason Greene's house, focusing on the road feels like an impossible thing to do. There's only one thing on my mind... Well, more like one person: Raven.

I was furious! But not towards her, no. I was angry at myself. How could I have possibly talked to her like that? We've been together through thick and thin, she's been nothing but an angel to me and I just fucking blew it.

"So, you're just abandoning me?!"
"You're not even giving me a choice, you're forcing me to go!"
"I'm not forcing you, it's called being a good friend"
"I AM a good friend."
"Well, then act like one and help me out!"
"You don't even need me there! You'll have sweet Sherry Squires to hold your fucking little hand"
"That's what this is all about? Why? Why does it bother you so much that I'm going with Sherry?!"
"Because I wanted you to invite me!"

Every cell in my body wants to go back and apologise, but I can't just blow off Sherry like that.

"Oh, that's really sweet of you, Jonathan. Choose some chick over the only person that's ever given a shit about you" says a voice in the back of my head. Great, now I'm losing my mind. I shake it off and pedal harder.

When I arrive to the house, I notice there's a shit ton of people, inside and out. Oh boy, this is gonna be... Fuck. I chain my bike to a tree on the sidewalk and walk into the house to look for Sherry. I immediately notice people staring at me and whispering. It's okay, don't worry; they'll shut their mouths when they see you with her.

I find her in the kitchen holding a red cup and chatting with some friends of hers. I wanna walk up to her but I don't know if I've got the guts to do so, so I run into the nearest bathroom instead and lock the door. It reeks of alcohol and puke, but that's the least of my concerns now. I splash some water on my face, grab onto the counter and look at my reflection in the mirror.

"Relax, it's okay. She said yes, she wanted to see you. You got this" my shitty self-motivating talk does absolutely nothing to dissolve the knot in my stomach, that is until I notice the green apple scented liquid soap next to the sink.

Green apples... Ravenna smells like green apples and caramel, kinda like autumn. The thought of her calms me down for a second before bringing me down.

"Fuck, Raven, I really wish you were here."

I sigh deeply and open the door feeling a tad less nervous, when all of the sudden, someone bumps into me, spilling their drink all over me.

"Shit, bro, I'm sorr- Crane?" One of the guys from the football team looks at me incredulously and starts laughing. "Holy shit! What are you doing here, freak?" I roll my eyes and try to leave but he stops me by putting his big ass hand on my chest. "Woah, where are you going? Yo! Look who's here!" he calls to some of his friends from the team. "It's the town's misfit, Ichabod Crane himself!" his friends join him and start laughing together.

 "It's the town's misfit, Ichabod Crane himself!" his friends join him and start laughing together