Chapter 1

It has been nine years since the Dark Lord had been defeated at the hands of 15-month-old Celestine Potter, and that she had been living a spoilt and generous life with her mothers' sister and husband. That is what the wizarding world was led to believe by the words of one Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore. What the wizarding world and Dumbledore did not know, was that Vernon and Petunia Dursley had left little Celestine Potter in the middle of the woods to die as they are a normal family and anything abnormal is considered freaky. If Dumbledore had checked on her just once, maybe he would have an idea as to where she has been all these years.

Albus Dumbledore sat in the headmaster's office at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry deep in thought as to how his plan has been coming together. Lily and James Potter were dead and not questioning his words, Sirius Black, Celestine's godfather, was rotting away in Azkaban as an innocent man, and Celestine Potter was being beaten and broken into submission by her magic-hating muggle aunt and uncle.

Yes, Dumbledore's plan was coming along just nicely to receive the young girl as a student at Hogwarts in the coming year. Nothing could possibly go wrong, not when it is the Leader of the Light making such plans. If Dumbledore only knew just how wrong he is.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In another country, stood a magnificent tower in the heart of New York City. This tower is home to Earth's mightiest heroes, The Avengers.

Arriving at the communal floor of the tower after a long three-week mission, James Buchanan Barnes; though he goes by Bucky, steps out and joins the rest of the team that have spread themselves around the living area. Steve Rogers, also known as Captain America, is the first to see Bucky and welcomes him back. "Hey Buck, how did the mission go?" Bucky sighs exasperated and caught the attention of the team, "The usual, scout out the area, take down the guards and secure the base. Now if you all excuse me, I'm going to head off to shower and sleep."

As Bucky turned to leave back to the elevator to go to his floor, Thor and Loki come into the room from the kitchen in the middle of a heated – but stupid - argument. "Be quiet, you great oaf. I do not have a care for your mortal snacks!" Loki exclaims loudly to his brother who looks mildly offended to have his pop tarts ridiculed and goes to walk off while radiating just a small fraction of his magical essence in frustration. It is this essence that makes Bucky stop and turn back to examine Loki in detail. Noticing the attention, Loki stops and stares back at him, while Steve and Thor, both noticing Bucky's behaviour look to him in question.

As Bucky watches Loki, not just his appearance, but his mannerisms as well, he cannot help but think of the little white-haired girl he met years ago when he was still the Winter Soldier. Gaining everyone's attention, Steve questions his best friends' behaviour, "Bucky... Bucky, are you okay? Why are you staring at Loki like that?" Finally breaking from his stupor, Bucky shakes his head and looks to everyone in the room watching him with varying expressions. Steve worried and questioning, Thor worried his brother had done something to upset the soldier, Tony amused, Natasha and Clint both looking bored but not entirely disinterested, and finally Loki, with an annoyed scowl on his face.

"Loki's magic... it reminded me of someone." Bucky answered with deep thought and remembrance. At that comment, Thor whipped around to look at Loki as if his brother would suddenly have the answer on the tip of his tongue. "Why are you looking at me you great brute?" still with a scowl on his face, Loki turns to Thor ready to defend himself if necessary. Natasha, the ever-observant assassin she is, looks to Bucky and examines his body language and then turns to the brothers and enquires, "Is it possible for there to be another magical Asgardian on Earth?" At her question, everyone in the room looks to her before focusing on the two brothers once again.

"There hasn't been another Asgardian come to Midgard in centuries apart from Loki and I. Most of our people stopped traveling the nine realms unless it was for battle." Thor's answer only brought more questions as to who could have the same magical essence as Loki. With everyone taking the time to think, Loki is in deep thought about the last time he had come to Midgard, and with his calculations was nine years ago when he was in a relationship with his lover, James Potter.

Apart of the British wizarding community, James Potter, the Lord to the Most Ancient and Noble House of Potter, was in fact a wizard. It was when Loki came to Midgard to explore the modern magic world did he meet James. The two of them developing feelings for each other only after a couple of meetings. The pair of them being in a relationship for more than a year before Loki was called back to Asgard by the AllFather. At the time, the wizarding world was at war, light verse dark. What Loki did not know when he left for Asgard, was that James was carrying his child. In the wizarding world, same-sex relationships are not frowned upon, but are also fairly common, and so to help a family line keep going, a male is able to become a barer, if they have the gene. In this case, James Potter had the gene to become a barer and so had become aware of being pregnant after Loki had left Midgard. One thing though, that is highly frowned upon in the wizarding world, is children born out of wedlock, for this reason, James Potter went to his best friend, Lily Evans, who was training to become a healer for help. After explaining his situation. Lily agreed to marry him and let the world think that the child was theirs for all of their protection.

Unfortunately, Loki was called back to Asgard too early to know about the pregnancy. Thousands of thoughts are running through his head as to how there is someone on Midgard with magic like him as the soldier had said he met someone with his essence years ago. All Loki could do was ask the soldier about the mystery person, "What do you remember about this person, Man of Winter?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A young girl of the age of nine, with long snow-white hair, half up in a bun and half down trailing to the middle of her back with the most dazzling green eyes one could see, casually walked down the street towards the large four-story building on the water-front. Each step she took was as graceful as her features, high cheekbones, small, cute button nose, and natural red plump-lips, her body small and thin, but with muscles that could only be described as feminine. As she steps up to the front doors of the building, her petite hands carefully push the double doors open to reveal a rambunctious lot of people from children, to teenager, to adults lingering about, playing, fighting and drinking while talking loudly.

"I'm back everyone!"

"Welcome back, Celestine!"