Chapter 1

Oh god yes! Finally! Keep going

Wow this is so good and after soo long. I don't think anything has felt this good in a while. Maybe if I kept trying, I'd reach this point sooner... and wouldn't have needed his help getting there. 

Yes baby, keep dripping, that's it! Almost there!!

Thank lord! That's the perfect point!

Titration is a bitch I tell you. I've tried this experiment no less than 32 times and every time the same result, which was basically no result.

And who helped me change my equations so that I could reach the perfect point for the colour change? The one and only.... Ace or we can just refer to him as Asshole, that works too really.

Yes. He walked into the lab yesterday after school hours, when I'd been conducting my experiment and saw the equations written on the board. I knew something was not right, because if it was, I would've been able to finish this experiment long back, but I just couldn't pinpoint what the hell it was and my professor was of no help at all saying "Oh Mia, you've got to try till you succeed" like ummm, excuse me? I've spent 3 weeks on this, so unless this is a ploy to make me fail you need to help, and I will succeed!

And then what did that asshole do? He looked at the board, shook his head, SMIRKED AT ME and then walked out. As if all he wanted to do was check up on me. As if!

Then as I was driving back home my phone pinged and I decided to check it once I reached home but it pinged 3 more times consecutively. Like impatient much? So, I pulled over to the side and decided to check my phone and to my surprise it was an unknown number. When I opened the messages, I saw they were my chemical equations from the board, but they weren't quite the same with some changes here and there. And then a message after them saying

"You were close but not correct."

"You owe me. -A"

That's when I realised who it was. A for Asshole. But where did he get my number from? Deciding to ignore the messages, I headed home unsure of whether or not he was messing with me yet again, giving me the wrong equations (well, wronger than mine?) and sending me on a wild goose chase.

Once I was home, I'd pretty much forgotten about the texts. I realised no one was home. With dad still at work, mom probably out running some errands and Miles at lacrosse practice. I made myself a crunchy peanut butter sandwich and moved upstairs to my room. I finished my homework, took a shower and changed into my pjs when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come down, dinners ready" My brother Miles said to me. We weren't the closest, but we also weren't at each other's throats 24/7. Surprising? Maybe, but we were close as a family like that.

Running downstairs, I saw the table hadnt been set yet, so I moved into the kitchen and gathered the plates and cutlery. Miles brought out the glasses and drinks. At that moment I saw dad come down the stairs and give me a warm smile.

Dinner was the same. Dad had his own company which had been passed down for generations. It was our legacy as he kept remining us. Neither miles nor I were interested in it, but it was a sensitive topic so we hadn't broached that with him yet. Though mom knew, she always somehow knew everything. So, dinner was spent eating and talking about how my day was, if I made any progress in my experiment, how Miles's practice was, how mom spent her day once we'd left for the day and dad talking and explain things to us about his day as if one day, Miles and I would be where he was. No sir, not happening, nope.

After dinner Miles cleared the table and I did the dishes. We sat for a while in the living room watching something on the tv till miles and both decided we had some more work to finish before school tomorrow which was obviously a lie.

When I went back up to my room, I saw I had some notifications on my phone, so I went through all of them replying to my best friends Jamie and Laura before checking the new messages from the same unknown number.

"No thank you? I know you're a bitch Mia, but ungrateful? That's low, even for you. "

Like I said, an absolute Asshole.

I decided to not say anything in return till I confirmed for myself that the equations were right and worked for sure, and that'd only happen once I got to the lab. Deciding to watch an episode of Money Heist, I got comfy on my bed and opened my laptop, queuing up the episode.

Now to give you'll some context as to why I hate Ace the Asshole so much, him and I have known each other since kindergarten. And I have hated him since the day (second day of kindergarten) he decided to dump a handful of worms on my head that he found outside in the garden while break time. And he has hated me since the day (third day of kindergarten) I poured water all over the front of his shorts and told everyone he'd peed his pants. Serves him right if you ask me. And this has gone on for 14 years, each year only getting worse for ourselves and better for the other. It's safe to say we are relentless. And no one says anything cause well, we were some exertainment in their boring, mediocre lives. Yes, that's bitchy, I know. But the credit for me being this way goes to Ace, he created this bitch. I mean I was nice before I met him, at the sweet and tender age of... four.

Now, while I was in the lab and the new equations given by Ace helped me reach the exact point of colour change in my titration experiment, I'd been waiting for, I knew it was time to reply to him. Ugh

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

♡♡♡ PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE ♡♡♡

♤ What are your thoughts on this chapter? ♤

If you like the story so far, please give me a follow and add the story to your library so you can get the updates x

Love, Honey.