Chapter 3

What the hell was I thinking? Asking, no ordering, Mia to wear my jersey on Saturday? This is suicide and murder all wrapped up in a package called whipped

I have no idea what happened, how it happened, let alone why it happened. But somewhere, somehow, things just shifted. It wasn't all about teasing Mia and getting a raise out of her but more about being able to be in touch with her. Talk to her and tease her every day. Just be able to be close to her in any way possible.

I had started dreaming of her recently. Not that way perverts. But just her in school, on the field doing her thing. And it was safe to say I was mesmerised with her. Her beauty, her radiance and just her.

My mom always joked Mia and I behaved this way towards each other because we had hidden feelings for one another. I always laughed it off because come on. Mia? No way. But well, guess who is a cliché is now.

I walked away before she could protest or question my intentions. I needed some time to understand what the hell I had just gotten myself into yet at the same time I was quite proud of myself for making that move. Ace 1, Mia 0.

I had just gotten back from school when my phone pinged in my pocket

"You going for the game tomorrow?" It was my best friend, Savannah.

"Have I ever missed Vanna?" I replied in a question.

I had a doubt she was crushing on Miles big time which is why she had been attending all of the games recently...interesting.

I shall interrogate.

"Right. Wanna come over tomorrow, after? We can have a girl's night."

"Done and done "

I quickly took a wash and changed into comfortable clothes. Just as I was about to sit down and get started on my homework the bell rang. I didn't think much of it and continued with my work.

"Miaaa! Come down honey." My mom hollered.

I knew it was useless shouting back, so I just made my way downstairs.

Mom was in the kitchen preparing dinner while Miles sat on the breakfast counter with an apple lodged in between his mouth while he stared at a bag on the counter as if he doubted it contained an explosive.

"What's up? Miles... you okay?"

He finally looked up at me and nodded. "This came for you." He seemed to be as confused and shocked as I was. Nobody sent me things. At least not in such cute bags. It was a small matt black paper bag with a cute little rose gold bow on one of the handles.

"Do you know who sent it?" I asked mom and miles. Both just shook their head in answer. "It was on the doorstep when I opened the door to the bell. It has your name on one side" mom explained.

I hesitantly reached my hand in, and it met a soft material. Shit, it can't be!

"oh, um this is my dress that I- I...I lent to savannah. Yes." They better buy this.

"Why such a fancy bag?" Miles questioned. Just shut up and eat your apple!

"She mustn't have anything else. What does it matter to you?" I frowned at him. "Jealous it's not for you?" I pouted at him.

"Get lost Mia" he grumbled. Cute.

"oh, why didn't she come in?" really mom, you too!?

"I think she was getting late, she had to be elsewhere" I gritted through my teeth.

Miles was still staring at me, questioningly and I couldn't stand it anymore. I huffed. "I'm going to my room. I have lots of work. Also, mom, I'm staying over at Vanna's tomorrow"

"Okay dear" mom smiled back at me, and I could still feel Miles staring a hole in the side of my head. Whatever, I didn't have time for this. I had to go freak out in my room!

As soon as I was back in the safety of my own room away from the prying eyes, I locked my door in case Miles had any ideas.

I already had a good idea what it was, but I didn't want to believe it.

Slowly pulling the jersey out of the bag I turned it around so that the back was towards me. And there in bold red letters it screamed back at me "Wellington" with the number 24 below it. 

There was no way I was getting out of this. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so so sorry it's been a hot minute since I updated this story. I just had no idea what to write next and tbh im still struggling which is why this is such a short update. I will try to be as regular as possible 

as you may know I had started focusing more on my other story and that is why this got a littles sidelined but I've come up with an updating schedule and so there will be one chapter of each of the stories every week. mostly. hehehe 

till then pleaseeee vote, leave your comments and thoughts and share <3