Chapter 5

I woke up to the sun barely shining in through my windows. I looked at my phone to see what the time was.

"6:30. Mmmm I should get up and make breakfast for mom. She worked herself past her limit yesterday." I mumbled and slowly got out of bed

"I need to change and put my phone on charge, I forgot to last night."

I went into my closet to find what to wear. There weren't very many pairs of jeans, since I always used to wear shorts. I grabbed a plain black t-shirt and closed the closet. I walked to my dresser and got out new clothes for me to change into. I opened my drawer that had all my shorts in it and looked at them.

"They won't react badly to it, they're my family. They said that they'll love me no matter what happens to me. If they do then there are always other people that'll have my back." I thought to myself as I grabbed a pair of my old running shorts.

"That's much more comfortable, now to make breakfast."

An hour later

"Mom are you up? It's almost 7:30 and I went ahead and made breakfast for us. I don't want you doing a lot of the work today so I'll do most of it while you take it easy." I knocked gently on the door three times and waited for a response.

"IT'S 7:30?! WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP SOONER!? WE HAVE TO FINISH GETTING THE FOOD READY, I HAVE TO CLEAN THE FLOORS AGAIN, THERE'S A LOT TO DO AND EVERYONE WILL BE HERE SOON!" I could hear a lot of movement through the door

"Mom it's ok. You go ahead and eat and I'll clean the floors again once I'm done eating and make sure everything else is ready. I don't want you to overwork yourself. So once you're done getting ready we'll eat breakfast." I chuckled and started to walk into the kitchen

I got two plates out from the cabinet and two forks. I went ahead and made both plates. I made pancakes, eggs, and sausage. I put the plates and the silverware on the kitchen table and sat down to eat. Mom came in a few seconds later.

"It smells amazing in here Y/n. You got your cooking skills from me." She laughed and sat down across from me.

"I'd say so. I made way too much for just the two of us like you normally do." I started to eat my eggs with a smile while I looked at all the food I made.

"Well, I can call the neighbors over for a plate. I'm sure they'll be glad to come over for some delicious breakfast." Mom grabbed her phone and called one of the neighbors before I could say anything.

"Good morning Mrs. Kosinski! I have exciting news! My daughter has made breakfast for all of the neighbors. If you'd like to come down and have some she'd be delighted to see you and your family."

"..."

"Yes, Lil N/n is back in town for a while, and she wanted to know if you and the other neighbors would like to come over to chat and have breakfast with us. We'll cook more if needed."

"Mom..."

"PERFECT! We'll see you all soon!" She hung up the phone and turned to look at me then back around to wash her hands.

"Looks like we both have to start cooking. The neighbors will be here soon."

"I thought we had a lot to do though mom. Will we have enough time to have the neighbors here?" I asked as I went to stand up

"Oh, I was checking the house while you were cooking. You're much better at cleaning than you used to be so everything is just about ready except the-" Once she dried her hands she turned to look at me and she saw my leg.