"My Queen."

—Cumberland—

I had just watched my best friend burn at the stake. And done nothing. God i'm a coward. I can't imagine how hard it must have hit his wife, Marrietta. The worst part is Gale hadn't done anything wrong. He hadn't been able to control gravity. And he was punished for it.

"Sir Cumberlin." The Queen said batting her long snow white eyelashes. It took all my willpower not to vomit. People were right when they called her The Queen Of Hearts II, she was a huge flirt. She was relatively pretty, gorgeous even, but her soul was blacker than the crown atop her head. making her no choice for any sane man.

"My Queen." I said bowing my head slightly, determined to block off her flirting. she cupped my chin in her gloved hand and stared at me, black lips puckered. I was trying my best to stay as still as possible.

"Oh, you're adorable." She said. then without warning she jerked my head to the right causing me to look at another man's ashes. "Just a warning." She said airily as if chatting about the weather. with no other word she walked off laughing a bubbly laugh. Some day someone will come. Some day someone would save us all. Some day Gale's death would be avenged.

I just hope they come soon.