"Take deep breaths."

—Feng—

I Felt Something damp press against my leg gently. I felt...I felt! I am alive. I am alive...and cold. I suddenly felt my frigid clammy skin against the warmth of my shirt. I felt the twitching of my tail, but I refused to open my eyes for fear of what I would see. For fear of who I would see. I heard a quiet gasp.

"Feng!" I heard a familiar voice call. My eyes fluttered open only to see a bright yellow ball of light. Where am I? The Good place? But I didn't believe in gods...I quickly closed my eyes and saw nothing but black again. Then I felt a light weight press down on my shoulders. "You're ok!" The voice said with excitement. I opened my eyes again to see Wren laying atop me, her arms wrapped around me in a tight hug, with a damp midnight blue fabric in hand. her eyes were puffy and pink but she quickly wiped them with the back of her hand.

"What...Happened? Were are we?" I asked. I was very confused. Bright lights, Blackness. Gun shots, silence. Wet cloth, cold skin. Numbness, pain. Wren burst into tears and hiccuped softly.

"I...I didn't mean to! I just wanted to-Sa-." She hiccuped again interrupting her sentence. She then draped her frail arms over my body and hugged me again, crying into my vest.

"Take deep breaths." I said, speaking softly as into her ear.

"You g-got shot in the leg. and then the-the shooter...he drop-ped his gun..." she said then proceeded to hyperventilate. I gently took her hands off my shoulders and sat her up, squeezing her cracked hands.

"I had to!" She said burying her face into my shirt. I just sat there in complete silence, not sure what to do. It couldn't have been bad...it was just Wren. Sweet, innocent, harmless Wren. But I couldn't help but feel curious. there was a part of me that had this nagging feeling in the back of my head

aaaaaaassssssk heeeeeer...

I will when she's ready. I decided solemnly. Wren Slowly began to breath at her normal pace and stopped crying. she lifted her head up leaving a damp spot in its place.

"Lost." She said, her lips loosely forming the words.

"Hmmm?" I said glancing back at her.

"I don't know where we are." She corrected herself. This was a problem. Little did Wren know wonderland could be dangerous. Very dangerous.

"Are you hungry?" I asked, remembering she had nothing to eat during lunch, then again, I only had a berry. She nodded, bobbing her brown hair up and down. "Can you stay here?" I asked her, I needed to get food but unsure she could stay only here. She nodded again. I dusted myself off and got up to know or at least see were we are. There was a luminous black pool below were I was laying down and pink bushes circled it with trees dotting the scenery. I walked over to the bushes to attempt to find something to eat. I found yellow berries on the bush.

"White and yellow kill a fello' Purple and blue are what'll do." I recited to myself a rhyme I learned from my late father at a young age. If I hadn't learned it I probably wouldn't be here. Knowing the berries were poisonous I began to smell the leaves. They smelled minty. looked safe. I plucked the leaf and put it in my mouth. Then picked more. When I was sure I had enough for me and Wren I needed to find something to have them with, bush leaves wouldn't be enough. A bird fluttered over me and perched on a tree and I began to walk over to it.

Snap.

I stepped onto a fallen branch and scared off the bird. Cattails! I paced around a bit, frustrated. then walked back twords the pool. I saw Wren holding something black that glinted in the sunlight, holding it and crying over it. I padded on my toes over to her. The first thing I had to do was see if she was ok. Then if she showed me...

Whattttsss Sheeee holdingggg?

"Thats none of your business." I quietly snapped at myself. part of me wanted to see it. Oh more than anything I wanted to know what it was! But part of me couldn't. The temptation finally wore me in and I glanced at her hands again quickly to see it, just a glimpse.

a gun.

The same gun that almost killed both of us.