2

(a/n :   please remember to vote!)

     Marinette stormed out of the office with clenched fists, letting the door slam behind her. The ravenette's finger nails dug into her palms and her breathing quickened to an unsteady pace.

Marinette let out a shaky sigh, wiping off the sweat on her forehead.

The ravenette hung her head, her eyes drilling holes into the ground. Marinette let her mind wander as she continued to walk back in the same direction as the elevator.

And while doing so, ran straight into a woman that happened to be standing in front of her.

"Ack-!" The ravenette squeaked in union with the anonymous woman, the impact causing them both to fall onto the floor.

Marinette picked herself up, then immediately turned towards the girl she'd bumped into, offering a hand to help her up.

"I'm sorry, that was incredibly clumsy of me." The ravenette apologised, scratching the top of her head and giving a weak smile. The girl took Marinette's hand and stood up, allowing the ravenette to get a full glimpse of her.

She had pale skin with blush coated cheeks, long blonde hair pulled into a low ponytail, and icy blue eyes lined with mascara drenched lashes and eyeshadow. Her full lips were plastered into a smile.

"No worries! It's normal to be out of it sometimes," The woman reassured, her voice high-pitched like a ringing bell to the ravenette's ears. She placed a hand on her hip, tilting her weight to one side.

"I don't believe I've seen you around here before, are you new?" The blonde questioned curiously, twirling her finger around a loose strand of hair.

"Yes, I just had an interview today, actually," Marinette spoke with an uneasy laugh, glancing sideways. The blonde tapped her chin, her lips suddenly curling into a tiny smirk.

"Ah! I remember now, Adrie- I mean, Mr. Agreste mentioned he was giving an interview today. You must be Marinette Dupain-Cheng then, right?" The blonde girl spoke, stifling a giggle.

The ravenette flinched, her eyes widening and her features shifting to a confused expression.

"How... You know my name? Just based off of the fact I was interviewed today...?" Marinette asked suspiciously, a brow raised. The blonde offered another smile, her eyes giving off a mischievous glint.

"All I can say is... Adrien talks about you quite a lot, I'm surprised I didn't immediately recognise you the moment we collided-" The blonde said with a small squeak, drawing a hand to her lips to prevent any additional information from leaking.

The ravenette's head pounded, confusion over her thoughts and blocking out the blonde's voice.

All that Marinette could think about,

Was that even after five years of being separated, Adrien still...

Thought about her?

The blonde noticed Marinette's ghastly expression, and decided to change the subject.

"That was rude of me, I haven't even introduced myself yet. I'm Chloe Bourgeois, manager of the cloth-making department." Chloe mentioned, sticking out a hand for the ravenette to shake.

Marinette noticed how tense she had gotten, and relaxed, accepting the blonde's hand and giving it a small jolt. "It's nice to meet you, Chloe."

"It was nice finally meeting you as well, I'll see you around, Ms. Dupain-Cheng ." Chloe grinned, then turned around and sashayed away.