3

( a/n:   please remember to vote!)

     Marinette lazily threw herself onto the living room sofa placed in the middle of her apartment.

The ravenette's ringtone then began to play, causing her to groan in annoyance. "I literally just sat down, the fuck." Marinette muttered, flopping her arm over the edge of the couch to find her misplaced cell phone.

The ravenette sighed as she saw the caller ID, rubbing her temples with both pointer fingers. Marinette pressed the 'accept' button, and prepared her already-broken-eardrums for the reprimanding that was bound to come.

"Girl, how could you not call me sooner? Why'd you buy that damn expensive phone if you never use it!" Alya reprimanded sternly, but the ravenette could clearly hear the concern hidden in the ombre's voice.

Which only made Marinette feel more guilty that she had forgotten to call her back like she'd promised earlier.

"Alright, first of all, chill. Your whining is worse than the girl Manon's that I used to babysit in high school, which says a lot. Second, we need to talk. It's serious." Marinette concluded, the last statement causing the ombre to shut up.

Alya rubbed her forehead, not being able to guess what her friend was going to say next. "Talk when you're ready." Was all the ombre said as she settled in.

The ravenette inhaled.

"I was hired for a job at Gabriel, and of course I took it, because, well... it's Gabriel." Marinette started. The other end of the line was silent, and the ravenette took that as a sign to continue.

"It all happened so fast, I got hired as the CEO's personal assistant, but what I didn't know is that my new boss is actually that bitch, Adrien Agreste, I can't quit because of this stupid contract I signed beforehand and now I'm supposed to meet him tomorrow morning at seven fucking o'clock, when he of all people should know I can't wake up at that time, and not only am I stuck as his slave, but I'm also forced to sit in his office, sucking up to his ass while accompanying him to every single event he's invited to, and yes, I also have to keep track of his entire fucking schedule as well. Oh! And get this, even after all we've been through together, he formally addresses me as 'Ms. Dupain-Cheng', like I'm some random-ass, old woman he's picked up off the side of the road and is meeting for the first time?" The ravenette finished, catching her breath.

It took a few seconds for the information to finally sink in, when Alya responded, "Holy shit girl, you talk faster than you eat. Also... were my ears deceiving me, or did you say somewhere in that long-ass ramble that Adrien is your boss?" the ombre questioned with a weak voice, her eye twitching slightly.

The ravenette nodded, forgetting Alya couldn't see her. The quiet was a clear 'yes' to the ombre.

Alya chewed on her bottom lip, fidgeting with the seams on her arm sleeve. After a minute of awkward silence, the ombre sighed, rubbing her forehead stressfully.

"Girl, I swear you're gonna' need a therapist sooner or later. May as well hire one now." Alya muttered, adding a quiet laugh as she finished the statement.

The ravenette let out a snort.

Marinette tapped her finger against her leg, suddenly deciding that the couch cushions had become an interesting object to stare at.

The ravenette's forced smile plastered onto her lips slowly dissolved into a thin, straight line, her eyes narrowing as well.

"Mari...If you're absolutely sure you have to go through with this, you have to promise me one thing," Alya spoke again, the sudden noise startling the ravenette. "Yes?" Marinette responded hesitantly, her tone etched with confusion.