•4•

"Stop!" She yells as I tickle the hell out of her.

"Why? Do you not like it when I tickle you? Huh? You hate it?"

She squirms around all over my bed as she laughs her beautiful laugh, "Yes! I hate it! I'm done!"

"Okay, okay," I stop tickling her and she sits up against the wall. "I never thought someone was so ticklish."

"Well now you know," she says trying to catch her breath. "I absolutely hate you for that."

"No, you don't," I lay down in between her legs and she starts to run her fingers through my short hair.

"You're right, but part of me wishes that I could hate you," she says quietly.

I look up at her, "Why do you say that?"

She shrugs her shoulders, "If I hated you then you wouldn't be wrapped in my messy life. You would be free to do what you please. You wouldn't have to worry about my family drama. You wouldn't have to worry about me or what I need."

"Nicole, don't you ever say that shit again," I sit up and I turn to look her in the eyes. "One of the responsibilities of a relationship is being there for each other. It's my job to worry about you."

"But my life is a mess," she says. "You could be worrying about basketball and the opportunities you will be getting. I just wish you weren't wrapped around this crazy life of mine."

"It's what I signed up for, my love. Relationships aren't easy. Every single person has troubles in their lives. I knew that right away and I'm not going to run from you because it gets hard."

"What if it's best?"

I sigh, "I know what's best for me and my life. I know that you are what's best for me. I haven't been this happy in awhile."

"I'm sorry for even saying it," she looks down at her fingers.

"Don't apologize, love. I'm glad that you are telling me how you feel."

She smiles lightly and I lay my head back down in her lap, "So, are you ready for tomorrow?" She asks.

"So ready," I say.

"I'm excited that I finally get to see you play. All these people talk about the games, but I never get to watch."

"I'm glad you are coming," I say. "Seeing your face in the crowd will definitely make everything better."

"I can't wait," she says.

There is a small knock on the door, "Ugh," I groan and then whisper to Nicole, "I swear we never get alone time around here."

She chuckles, "We need to start staying at my place."

"Deal," I roll out of bed and I go to the door. I open it to see Nick and Haley, "Hey, guys. Are you here to join our cuddle session?"

"Maybe later," Nick winks.

Haley turns around and smacks him on the chest lightly, "Right now isn't the time to joke."

"What's wrong?" I ask. I step outside and I lightly close the door behind me.

"Do you still follow Emily?" Haley asks me.

"Why?"

"Do you see the shit she's posting about the two of you?" Nick asks.

"No, what is it?" Haley holds up her phone. I grab it from her and I start to scroll through Emily's Instagram posts. "What the hell is this shit?"