•5•

"Why are you still posting shit, Emily?" I yell through the phone.

"Well I'm sorry," she says. "I didn't think our relationship was a secret. What the hell crawled up your ass today?"

"It's just annoying how you always post our relationship all over social media for everyone to see," I say. "Some things should stay private in life."

"You're my fucking boyfriend, Edwin. You should be fine with me posting shit. You should be fine with posting about me, but you never do."

"Do you know how many people know me and scout me, Emily? I don't like everyone of those people knowing my business."

"Whatever," she yells. "You've been such an ass recently. I'm really getting tired of you. Long distance has changed you so much!"

"It's changed you too!" I yell.

"Call me back when you're done being a douche bag," she then hangs up the phone.

I take a deep breath and I run my fingers through my sweaty hair. I haven't talked to Emily in a few days so I decided to call her today. It obviously didn't go very well though. She hates me.

Nicole will hate me soon too.

***

"Hey guys," Nicole says as she walks into the house.

"Hey, hey," Brandon says. "How have you been? We haven't seen you in awhile."

"I've been good," she says. "Just busy around the house and some other school things."

"Well Edwin never shuts up about you," Nick says. "I'm glad you're finally here."

She chuckles lightly, "Was he starting to annoy you? Simps annoy you?"

"Definitely."

I laugh, "That means you find yourself a simp too. Nobody is as big of a simp as you are."

"Am not."

"Keep telling yourself that," I say.

"Uh, anyways," Nicole says. "Can I talk to you, Edwin? Alone?"

"Yea," I stand up from the couch and I start to walk to my room as she follows behind me. I open my bedroom door and she goes in first. I go in and I shut the door behind us. "So what's up?"

"I wanted to talk about the other night."

"What about it?" I lean my back against the door.

"You moving to Ohio for ball."

"Okay," I say. "Is that why you got all mad that night? That's why you left in a rush?"

(A/N: bahahahaha. i've said it before and i'll say it again- men. are. so. clueless.)

"Yea, I don't understand how you didn't know that," she says. "It was pretty obvious that I was upset about it, but you didn't seem to care."

"I asked you what was wrong, but you didn't seem to care to tell me."

She rolls her eyes, "Because it's not rocket science to understand, Edwin. I didn't think I would have to spell this shit out for you."