A Time of Mourning in New York

You and Miles put on the costumes that you bought at the Spider-Man gift shop. They was a little small for you both but you knew that you couldn't return it.

When you got to the funeral, there were several people crying. As Mary Jane did her eulogy several thoughts were racing through your mind. 'Peter Parker was so young, and to think that he saved New York so many times!' You thought. But the thing that was on both of you and Miles' minds was, 'what are we gonna do?'

As Mary Jane finished her speech she said something that broke both of your thoughts "In our own way we are all Spider-Man, and we're all counting on you!"

"Their counting on me." You and Miles said in unison. Right after you both said it, a man standing next you said. "Maybe not you specifically, I think it's a metaphor." As you and Miles left planned on how to practice your skills without Spider-Man's, or as you now knew him as Peter Parker's help.

Time skip

Miles had the idea to go through same events like in comics. The first thing you both tried to practice was swinging.

You both went to the top of a building that had a tall enough height that wouldn't kill you if you fell.

Miles: Okay so let's go though this. We have to make a leap off the build, and point our hands to a building to swing."
Y/N: Yeah that's what happens in the comic.
Miles: I still a bit nervous about it.
Y/N: Miles we chose this building because you chickened out at the last one. You won't fall to your death if you fail.

Miles then calmed down and said that he was ready. You and Miles positioned your selves to make the jump. You both counted in unison.

3...

2...

1!

You both began running to the edge. 'please work, please work, please work!' You thought. When you both jumped miles tripped on his shoe lace and he pushed you in the process.

You fell down screaming and once you met the ground you heard the sound of something breaking in Miles's pocket.

Miles: Oh no.
Y/N: argh, what happened.

Miles pulled out the goober that Peter gave you from his pocket. It was broken.

Time skip

Later that day you decided to see Uncle Aaron but Miles felt he needed to say sorry to Pete, so he to the cemetery where Pete was buried in. On the way to Uncle A's house you tried calling him but you were met with his voicemail: "Hey, I'm gonna out of town for awhile, I'll call back as soon as possible. Peace." After that you decided to just leave a note.

In the note, you were asking for some advice and venting a little while hiding the fact about your new super powers. You were there for quite some time, and about half an hour later you heard knocking on the door and the voice of Miles from the other side of it

Miles: Y/N?! Y/N OPEN THE DOOR!!! I JUST FOUND SOMETHING INSANE!!!