Chapter 3 - Sleepless

This was not what I was expecting.

"What?" I look at him in confusion.

He rubs his face with both of his palms in exhaustion.

"I can't sleep for weeks now. I heard about your Quirk when they told us that you were moving in. And I just can't get a decent night of sleep since....."

He stops again and looks down.

"Since?" I follow up on what he wanted to say.

I see the frustration on his face.

I stand up trying to get closer to him. Trying to touch his arm.
"Since what happened?"
I touch his arm and he instantly pulls away from me. Putting more distance between us he walks over to his desk and leans against it. His arms were now crossed against his chest.

"It doesn't matter" he continues.

"Okay so then we are not going to talk about it. If we are not going to talk about it then I will just be on my way again." I lean forward.

"No please." He says.
In the shock of the word 'please' leaving his lips I sit back again.
"I need your quirk to just get one night of sleep so that I can continue with my hero work when school starts."

"I don't think that you understand how my quirk works," I tell him.

He only wants to use you because of your quirk.
You are so stupid, to think for a second that that was why he dragged you over here.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"I mean yeah, I can control dreams but you don't want me to know what is going on in your head.
Not even a minute ago you pushed me away because you didn't want to tell me why you can't sleep.
But now you want me to get inside your head where I can see the obvious trauma that happened to you which is making you sleepless?
And get to know the other personal reason why your sleep-deprived ass doesn't get his beauty sleep.
I am going to feel your emotions and thoughts.
From your reaction, I don't think that you want me to do this."

"No, I do. I just. I don't do this talking thing. Especially not about feelings and emotions.
I don't mind you seeing it, I just can't talk about it and I also won't talk about it in the future."
He warns me

Well, maybe that's why you can't fucking sleep. God, he needs to see somebody if he wants this to get better. But that is not my mess.

"Okay, but still. I will need to sleep at some point.
I can't just sit by your bed and use my quirk on you all night.
That is not how this shit works.
If I should get control over your nightmares, then I would need to touch you through the whole process.
I can control people's dreams and make them see what they want yes, but I can't do it for hours. Usually, our body falls into the dreaming state while we are in our deepest state of sleep.
Until then.....well, I wouldn't want to force anything."

"So, you are saying what? That we would need to cuddle to make it happen?"
He looks down at me with a questionable look on his face.

"I mean that is one way yes. But like I said, it's really hard to get control, even when you give consent. Also, it takes a lot of my energy if I don't know the person."

I look at Bakugo. But he looks just confused.

"Ugh. Okay. When I take somebody's mind in attack, it hurts because it goes against their will.
It hurts a fucking lot if you are going to fight against it. This usually happens because it is not normal for people to be inside each other's minds.
So, you would need to give up your control over your mind completely, with no exception.
Which is not an easy thing to do, when you don't know the person. This means no secrets, no hiding. I would need to be able to have access to everything."