Chapter 3: Separated in Nightmares

~Emily's POV~

A groan escaped my lips as I woke up. I was in a different room than before, it was only concrete with no windows. There's a large metal door in front of me, along with a mattress and a mirror. I ran to the door and pounded on it.

"Donte? Donte!?" I shouted, but the only answer was silence. 

They separated us because we're probably too powerful, I wonder if my power is real? I glanced down to my arm, my veins still slightly glowing purple.

"Do I really have Telekinesis?" I spoke to myself. I looked at the mattress, I let my mind focus on only that. I felt a spark within me as I snapped my head up and the mattress lifted into the air.

I moved my eyes around, commanding it to move with it. I kept it in place as I looked around. Lifting more things, I really began to get the hang of it but I need to keep this a secret. I heard a guard coming, anger boiled inside me as he entered, he entered as he stared at me. I growled at him and he flinched, there was a plate with a grilled cheese and a can of Dr Pepper, the guard left so I walked over. Grabbing the plate of food, I sat against the wall then began eating.

~Donte's POV~

I opened my eyes and gasped.

"Where is Pear?" I sat up in a panic. I got to my feet, then ran to the door.

"Pear! Pear!? Where are you?" I shouted for her but she didn't answer, I was alone.

I yelled in frustration, I paced the place and stopped. 

"Do I really have powers?" I spoke to myself. 

I held my hand up and focused on what I wanted to see, I opened my hand a spark of fire ignited from my hand, I chuckled and moved my hand around. it didn't hurt or burn me, it felt warm and safe. I shot my hand at the wall and the fire flew from my hand and hit the wall where I aimed.

"That's so cool!" I quietly cheered as I continued to play around with my powers.

A few minutes later, a guard came in with a grilled cheese and a can of pepsi. He placed the food on the floor then ran to the door, before closing it he turned to me. 

"Your friend is very insane." he said then left. I laughed as I knew what he was talking about, Pear being her chaotic self.

~Time skip, Emily's POV~

Two guards came and grabbed my arms, I didn't even fight back because it's two against one, there was no point.

When I was dragged out into a hallway, I saw Donte at the other end of the room so I elbowed the guards and they lost their grip so I broke free. I sprinted towards Donte and he did too, we hugged each other like we haven't seen each other in years.

"Do you have the powers?" Donte whispered, I nodded my head and he smiled.

Lucy came in with a serious look on his face, I held my finger to my lips signaling to keep quiet about the project working. 

"Did it work?" Lucy asked. 

I shook my head, already bored from him, Donte also shook his head and yawned. 

"Nope you're a failure just like I imagined." I replied as I crossed my arms, Donte started to laugh and Lucy had an angry expression on his face.

"Shut up! You're going to be meeting the other subjects soon, pull anything and I'll make sure you never see anyone EVER again!" Lucy threatened. I started to giggle which made Donte start too, then turned into us fully laughing.