Chapter 7: Fade Into My Nightmares

~Emily's POV. October 9th, 2020~

Christian was laughing at something Nathan said, I didn't even hear it.

"Dude, you can't just say that!" Jayden shouted as we crossed the street.

Today is a school board holiday and we have nothing to do, so we all decided to go to the nearby mall to hangout. We were in front of one of the entrances when a phone rang, I checked my phone but it wasn't mine.

"Hold on, my dad is calling. Jay, stay here with me." Donte said as he grabbed his phone from his pocket.

"Alright, just don't take too long." Christian says, Donte nodded before we went inside.

"What do you guys want to eat since it's almost 12:30?" I asked.

Nathan went to say something, but we heard Donte and Jaden scream. Keenan and I ran to the doors as fast as we could.

"Pear, the uniforms! They're from Miller!" Kennan shouted, "I know!" I responded as we sprinted outside.

Jayden and Donte were running towards us when they were grabbed by the hoods of their sweaters, they both choked as their hood was tugged backwards. They reached his arms out as they continued to struggle, a black van pulled up behind them revealing more people, including ones in white coats. They were getting very close to the van, we went to grab our friends hands when they were pulled in. The van sped off as we could only watch in shock, soon after Nathan and Christian ran out behind us

"Where's Donte and Jay?" Christian asked, "Miller..." I muttered.

"Umm... Pear. Your eyes are glowing." Nathan says.

"Forget it, let's go." I began walking away from the mall, the guys followed behind me silently.

We stood in front of Donte's house, I held my hand on the handle but I stopped. A sigh escaped my lips as I turned to my friends

"Keenan and I should talk to Donte's parents. Keenan is Donte's cousin and I'm close to Donte." I told them, they nodded.

Keenan opened the door then we all walked in, Donte's dad looked up from his game and saw us.

"Hey Keenan and Emily, what's going on?" Donte's dad asked, I sighed.

"Donte and Jaden have been captured again, I plan on going alone to scope out tonight." I responded.

"What?!" Everyone shouted.

"Pear, you can't go alone. If they could take Donte and Jaden, what makes you think you're any different?" Nathan states,

"It's better than putting you three in danger, besides I found out something new with my powers.'' I responded.

I began focusing on my body, there was a quick flash of light before I appeared in the middle of the room.

"How can you do that?" Keenan questioned.

"It's kinda like I'm splitting my consciousness in half." I shrugged, I began focusing on my body again then I was back in my original position.

Donte's dad was staring at us in shock, "Trust me, I'll bring them back." I say, reassuring him.

~Donte's POV~

"Wake up!" I heard a yell.

I groaned as I sat up, Jayden was still asleep while Lucy had his arms crossed over his chest as he looked at me.