14

Chapter Fourteen - Girls

I'm relieved it's Saturday when Theo slips out of bed the next morning at eight. After asking me for a spare toothbrush he uses the bathroom, gets dressed before coming back to me. Taking a seat on the bed he takes my hand in his and brushes his lips against my knuckles tenderly.

"I need to get to work but call me if you need me okay?" He whispers as his eyes flicker with worry.

"But it's Saturday?"

"I'm the boss remember?" He winks with a soft chuckle.

"Oh right! Thank you for staying last night...I didn't realize how much I needed someone." I smile as I run my fingers through his tousled hair to tame his bedhead.

"Anytime sunshine." He grins boyishly before pecking my lips softly.

I chuckle lightly when I notice his longing look to stay with me in bed before he shakes his head. With a cheeky smile he grabs his coat before leaving. I hear the front door shut and the house become quiet again. Stretching I turn and try to drift off to sleep once more.

But of course, that doesn't happen.

I almost groan when Aria enters my room ten minutes later. I peek to watch her rub her eye as she yawns. She blinks sleepily before looking around the room for, I'm assuming, Theo. When she doesn't find him, she glances at me for a moment before running towards me.

"Got you!" I yell as I grab her and drag her under the covers.

"Mum!" She screams before bursting into a fit of giggles when I start tickling her. "L-Let...go!"

"Not until you cuddle with me for a bit." I hug her to me and pepper kisses over her face.

She squirms and voices her displeasure but eventually becomes tired. I grin in satisfaction when she flops onto my torso with a huff and holds onto my sides. Her eyes crinkle at the corners as she peeks up at me before smiling. I start running a hand through her brown-blonde strands trying to get some knots out.

"How about a girl's day?"

"Really?" She perks up in excitement because we haven't had one in so long.

"Sure! And a haircut?"

"No!" She frowns as she rocks her head side to side on my chest.

"Just a little bit?" I plead and watch as she narrows her eyes at me. For some reason Aria can't stand having her hair being cut and it's the weirdest thing. "We can go out for lunch after?"

"Okay." She mumbles with a pout before rolling off me.

I tug her back to me for one last cuddle and surprisingly this time she shuffles closer instead of protesting. It feels like my heart is about to burst with love and giddiness. I remind her how much I love her before sitting up.

"Pancakes?"

"Yeah!" She grins widely before running out of the bedroom.

"You need to have a bath first!" I reply and my lips quirk in amusement when I hear her cry out dramatically.

She stomps back into the room and I smirk before grabbing the scissors and comb. After cutting her hair I fill the tub and get her out of her clothes. I help her bathe and by the time I've turned off the water she's already hopped out. I chuckle and shake my head at her before drying her off and leaving her to get dressed.