𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐀𝐒𝐓

"You're sick."

Batman called, leaving a deathly silence. "Why, thank you!" Joker replied with a smile. "No.. No- I don't mean it like that. You need help."

Batman walked over to Joker, and offered out a hand. "Let me help you."

Batman's expression became soft, and caring. Like a mother to their child. Joker stared at his hand with shock. He took a step forward...

But he tripped on the card.

His head hit the ledge of Wayne Tower, and he fell. This sent him unconscious.

Batman immediately jumped down to get him. He can't- he won't- let The Joker die. He had locked a grapple to the building across from Wayne Tower and when he was close enough, he grabbed Joker with his other hand.

His arm wrapped around him, pulling him close. Butterflies swirled in his stomach, but they were still falling fast. No time for sweet feelings!!

He pulled the trigger to the grappling hook, retracting its line. How the momentum worked- it pulled him through the window of the building. He stayed there, processing what happened. He's- he's never done that before. Just think and process. .

He laid on his back, so then when he hit the window his body protected The Joker. He sat up and looked at the unconscious man, who bled from a cut on his head. It looked deep, requiring stitches to properly heal.

Bruce quickly checked for a pulse, and thankfully Joker had one. He sighed in relief. "Wake up." Batman demanded, silently pleading for an answer.

"Joker. Wake up." He called again, but there was no response. He grabbed Joker by the collar of his shirt, pulling him up. "WAKE UP" The knight shouted, but like before, he received no response.

What could he do? He couldn't just throw Joker back into Arkham!! Although. . .That's how it's always been. But. .Batman had to help him.

What if he could fix the Joker?

The Joker's eyes fluttered open, and his heart thumped in his chest. What the hell happened?! Let's see. .

Have a heart to heart talk with Batsy, check.
Jump off of the building, end my suffering. Check.
Wake up inside the Batcave, ch— wait just a damn minute. .

Wake up in the what now!?

Hold on- this was not-. .Why can't he just die already!? He might as well be dying. The headache he had was killing him. .

And then there he was. The Batman. Making his grand entrance as always. That's something That The Joker and Batman had in common, how they always made these entrances.

"Joker." Batman said softly, not like Batman at all! "Hey, tough guy!" Joker waved. He was sitting on a medical table. Huh. . .Well, at least he's with hottie over here!

"How do you feel?" Batman sighed, walking over to him. "Listen, Batsy." Joker hopped off of the table. Blood rushed to his head, and he fell over. .
Into the Bats arms.

"Take it easy. I won't tell you again." Batman couldn't help but hold at least the teensiest bit of sympathy. The Joker groaned in pain. The Bat sighed and picked him up, walking back over to the table.

He carefully set The Joker down, staring at him for a few moments. He started to clip the cape to his suit off. "What are you doing-?" Joker asked. Batman could sense the slight fear in his voice. Did Joker really think he'd get hit?

Batman didn't say a word, and laid the cape on him. Joker sat up, but The Dark Knight put a hand on his chest, pushing him back down. "Stay in one place. For once." He scowled.

Batman walked away, and over to the computer. He started to type. The clown, Prince of Crime was left confused, but he got a feeling he's never had. At least in a while. .

He felt safe.